Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

ACAS are guff.

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru

Comments

• SkiveSkive Posts: 15,283 Skive's The Limit
    Guff :D

Havn't heard that word since I was at school.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Must have been unlucky, they've normally been really good with me.

They don't always say what you want to hear though. I hope you sort it but I don't think you'll have much of a leg to stand on :(
    Not been working there a year so no legal help. Hey ho, waiting for the logistics manager (lady I get on with who didn't think I was getting sacked and as far as she was concerned I was getting additional training) to come back from a week's onsite event from Paris and see what she says.

Booked in on Thursday to sign on for the time being. Never sacked in my life. Fucking bastards. My old flatmate has the keys to the place and has offered to help me in a balaclava mission, hehe.

I don't think it will get sorted myself, but it's just ALL so underhanded as you know.
    I was a bit devestated last night, but my manager gave such a David Brent approach to my contract terminating. He said "You're not following conduct, you're not falling into my plan and I'm not falling into yours".

Me and my manager haven't gotten on for aaaages and a list of grievances was highlighted to him back in November when I walked out as there were too many politics in the place. Not much was addressed and I was told to be "stronger". I had 12 days holiday and I spoke to the logistics manager to say I wanted additional training which she said was fine.

She also said that "You just need more confidence, you're good at your jobs as emails and calls from clients show from their feedback, etc" she'd no idea about this sacking really apart from it being a rumour.

Anyhoo, came back on Thursday and got told on the Sunday night I was sacked so here I am.

Poxy bastards, anyways best out of it. It's completely full of nepetism being a family run place and it's not all legit I don't think. There are four new members of staff who all sense the politics and don't think they'll be staying much longer from what I've heard.