Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Bush virus

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
One of my friends has the George Bush Virus and we can't figure out what software to use, to get rid of it. Any help?????????

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Ok im not very good wey computers but i had this virus about a month ago.
    I went to the folder with all the progrms in it & the virus will have put in one call 'choke.exe' i deleted it & the virus wuz gone.

• the_Paranoid_bunnythe_Paranoid_bunny Posts: 487 Listening Ear
    Originally posted by ~* Dreamer *~:
    Ok im not very good wey computers but i had this virus about a month ago.
    I went to the folder with all the progrms in it & the virus will have put in one call 'choke.exe' i deleted it & the virus wuz gone.

if this virus is indeed the choke virus, it will create files called c:\choke.exe, c:\shootpresidentbush.exe, c:\about.txt and c:\dalist.txt. first stop choke (by pressing ctrl-alt-del, selecting "Choke" and clicking "End task"), then delete these and you should be ok.

sometimes it will modify the registry, adding values to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run. just delete any entries here that reference "choke.exe" or "shootpresidentbush.exe"

Further information can be found here.

TheSite.org unofficial chat room!

[This message has been edited by the_Paranoid_bunny (edited 23-08-2001).]