Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Drinking buzzes

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Does anybody else get different buzzes depending on where you are? When I'm out with friends at a bar or at somebodies house I can get the fun little buzz and get drunk and zippatedodah... but when I'm at home... I can drink 2,3 times as much as I would out and not even get tipsy, not one single ounce of a drinking buzz. Anybody else?

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Yep.
    :yes: Also depends on the people I'm out with though...If I'm out with people I feel I have to watch out for or watch out for myself around I'm less likely to get those drunk feelings than if I'm out with some really good mates having a relaxed night.
    Well yeah, I'd definitely say the people who are around you and the atmosphere you're in affects your buzz. it cant be very exciting sitting at home drinking :p and when you're out with your mates in town and stuff the music and people etc definitely makes it a lot better :]
    depends on the mood I think. I don't drink at home, but If I crack open a cold one I let it rest after one or max 2 pints. I just don't long for more after that.
    When I am out and it is just a little smalltalk sit and drink I drink very little too.
    If it's a great night however, lots of friends, cool people, and generally awesome I drink much more and actually - quite contrary - seem to notice the buzz much later.
    Yep, as with all drugs it all depends on environment and who your with.

However drinking buckfast gives you a different kind of buzz than other types of alcohol.

"away for a bottle i think".....
    Yeh cos drinking on your own is depressing as fuck whereas when you're out with your mates you're just looking to have a good time. :thumb:
    Yerascrote wrote: »
    Yeh cos drinking on your own is depressing as fuck whereas when you're out with your mates you're just looking to have a good time. :thumb:

It isn't depressing if you like alcohol enough! Always thought it's a bit hypocritical, all this being a social drinker. I don't think the pubs really encourage you to be teetotal though, as I guess that's not really their trade.
    Yerascrote wrote: »

Ha I agree. Drinking on your own shows that you aren't feel either too sociable or too good in yourself = hence keeping yourself away and drowning your sorrows.

Going out and dancing, and talking and having fun with alcohol and friends is just ten times better and funnnn!
    buckfast+vodka+rum+beer+me=:shocking: :thumb:
    *Ashlee* wrote: »
    Ha I agree. Drinking on your own shows that you aren't feel either too sociable or too good in yourself = hence keeping yourself away and drowning your sorrows.

Going out and dancing, and talking and having fun with alcohol and friends is just ten times better and funnnn!

Hardly. :rolleyes: And where was I sitting at home alone anyways? Jump to some nasty conclusions there. Though I would rather be alone than dance :p
    I drink alone because there's no one to drink with and I can't go out anyway. I stil drink with friends and enjoy going out for one but do like some cider or a glass of wine at home with the puter or DVD. Def get a diff buzz depending on the surroundings and more importantly, the mood I was in before I started drinking.