Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Why are all the festivals during graduation!?!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
I'm graduating on the 17th of July and so far at least four festivals I want to go to are on this damned date. My parents are coming up specially for the weekend of my graduation as is my family and thus I cannot skip graduation (don't really want to either).

Anybody else having this problem? Anybody know of any good festivals that aren't on the weekend of the 17th of July?
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    its only your graduation tho isnt it? all uni's have different dates for theirs.....

im sure there will be other festivals that aint on that date.
    I'm graduating on the 17th of July and so far at least four festivals I want to go to are on this damned date. My parents are coming up specially for the weekend of my graduation as is my family and thus I cannot skip graduation (don't really want to either).

Anybody else having this problem? Anybody know of any good festivals that aren't on the weekend of the 17th of July?

Download,
    Reading/Leeds,
    Glastonbury,
    Beautiful Days,
    Secret Garden Party,
    Bestival,
    V Festival...
    A lot of those have already sold out or aren't really my cup of tea. Bestival is a definite maybe though. It's just convincing my friends as many of them are going to festivals on that weekend and say "One is enough".

I tried signing up for Glasto but it wouldn't let me :(
    Might help if you said what you thought were good festivals :p
    Fair point. It was more a point of annoyance to be honest. But thanks I'm getting tickets for Bestival asap.
    X
    Oooh thanks. Just to let you know I've booked my Bestival tickets. It's going to be sooo good and my sister lives in Portsmouth and has offered to put me and my friends up for a bit of TLC from er... our "hangovers" haha,

May check out the Electric Picnic too. Thanks guys!