Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

sick of been alone

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Okay shit title, paticularly given that I hardly post here and also that technically I spent 3-4 days a week around people (but usually the same person/people), but this year and last I've repeated the same bad year as 2006almost without deviation, just different people, sometimes not even that. It used to be the case that I could barely go a day without been invited somewhere and now I barely have a day where I do get invited somewhere. Given that I don't really get much fun out of been alone, have no call or reason to go out and have virtually no friends I haven't drank or used drugs heavily lately either, and I don't need to in order to have a good time, but I just wish I could be around someone a little more spontaneous and who would actually surprise me once in a while instead of doing the same boring, risk free things all the time. Bit of an incoherent rant at the moment, what I'm trying to say is that I want a life (or rather want back the life) where I spend a lot of time around people and a smaller amount of time alone or, to be more specific, nights where I party and nights where I don't.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    okay. so make some new friends and you can have your old life back.
    otter - "Tells it as it is"

;)
    :thumb:
    Having over 4,000 posts on an internet forum sort of dispells you from commenting on my social life, kthanx.
    Having over 4,000 posts on an internet forum sort of dispells you from commenting on my social life, kthanx.
    That rules out about 90% of this forum then, doesn't it? :rolleyes:

don't ask for advice if you don't want it. simple.
    To be fair to otter, he's been here a lot longer than you, so obviously he'll have more posts.

If you do want any advice, why don't you join a club or something to make new friends, or change jobs? Change something anyway - maybe your attitude to people trying to help you?
    Pringle wrote: »
    Change something anyway - maybe your attitude to people trying to help you?
    exactly. if your like that IRL thats probably why your so alone.
    That was a bit of a daft thing to come out with so yeah, sorry to otter but I was annoyed at what I saw as an oversimplification. I haven't actually said "I want new friends", okay, because that's simple - you want new friends, you get new friends or you feel sorry for yourself. I said that 2006 and 2007 were horribly similar, I said that no one ever really invites me anywhere and I don't leave the house that much. But if you had read it you would see that I spend 3-4 days a week with someone but she can hardly ever come over on the weekends and that I'm sick of been reproached by her for been who I am. What I am trying to say which usually gets removed on most forums is that I can't find a reason to be alive. I'm up then down and it wears people out. it's not that I don't want to live as much as I so don't care if I die. That was the stance until recently, now it's something like I'd rather die than continue like this which means I have to do something, but I don't know what I'm working towards.
    sorry to otter
    apology accepted.
    yeah. on my part i might have given a bit of a "simplistic" answer but ultimately i guess that is what it needs to come down to: for you to make some new friends and start enjoying yourself again. some of the best ways of doing that are like Pringle said to join a club or get involved in some other activity where you can meet different people and start to socialize again. if your life is boring you need to be taking steps to change it.
    I so don't care if I die. That was the stance until recently, now it's something like I'd rather die than continue like this
    can you not talk to the person you spend "3-4 days a week with" about how you feel? - because i think if its really getting to you that badly then you need to talk to somebody about whats going on with you.
    Sorry to bump my own thread, I had the fortune to make two friends, not much, but I also decided to finally say "Yes" when one of my old friends asked me out who I see like every year but not like we used to. Disappointingly they only used to smoke weed and drink, now these same people were dropping pills, snorting coke and other things like that. I went along with it for a bit but it's not much fun because it adds misery to misery. I'm just totally depressed about how I am up one day and down the next with no triggers or sparks, I have changed things (unlike I had been willing to even a few months ago) and I just don't feel good about myself at all.