Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Diazepam

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I've just been prescribed these for a back/neck injury at 2ml a tab.

Is that dose likely to put me out for the night?

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    2mg is the lowest available dosage, but it depends on many factors including your body mass, metabolic rate etc.

It is likely to have an effect, or your GP would not have prescribed it - I am not GP but prescribing Diazepam for pain relief seems a little strange; or was it given to help you sleep?

Best thing is to try it out, if you aren't sleeping properly go back and see your GP to discuss your dosage - if you can't make an appointment you can always call the surgery and ask for your GP to ring you to discuss the dosage.

Oh and avoid alcohol.
    He said it's a muscle relaxant and would help with the stuff muscles in my neck or something? If it's not doing anything is it safe to take 2 tablets?
    He said it's a muscle relaxant and would help with the stuff muscles in my neck or something? If it's not doing anything is it safe to take 2 tablets?
    Yes it is. I have 10mg ones for my back but i only use them rarely ...A months supply will last me about four months so my Drs ok with prescribing.
    Try and stick to the 2ml ...don't go for 10 just cos i do ...i'm 6' 2" and wiegh 14 stone and have a tolerance.
    They will help you to sleep.
    I'm not far off your size...an inch shorter and a stone or two lighter. I wouldn't go up to 10 anyway. It's just I'd consider doubling it if they're not doing anything.
    I'm not far off your size...an inch shorter and a stone or two lighter. I wouldn't go up to 10 anyway. It's just I'd consider doubling it if they're not doing anything.
    That two stone makes a diference. They are for relaxing but do help you sleep. They can be very pleasant as well so be careful. No one ...no one ...ever died going cold turkey from Heroin but ...going cold turkey from valium can actualy kill you ...can send you batty ...and they can be used to top yourself so ...remember they do have a dark side.
    Take care.
    I've read the rest of the instructions and they do say it's possible to go up to 15mg so my going to 4 shouldn't be too bad.
    depends entirely on the individual person.
    It seems to be standard practice in A&E to give diazepam to people who have injured theyre neck/back in road collisons.
    Its also used a lot as an anxiolytic in people with anxiety/anger/mood disorders.
    As already said, it can be addictive and dangerous. Try the 2mg and if you dont feel any relief after 30mins, take another.
    Some people would be knocked out with 2mg, others can take 10 easily.
    Sikorah wrote: »
    Some people would be knocked out with 2mg, others can take 10 easily.
    Good point, 2Mg would indeed knock my missus flat out.
    aww bless!

i know someone who took 5mg and co-codamol, given to her in A&E and she literally couldnt stand up.
    diazepam .. love hate relationship!

it definitely does have many legit uses but anytime ive got a prescription ive happily ate them all

good buzz with a drink and a smoke but you end up waking up days later with no recollection of anything .. can get really out of hand when you can get 100's of blues (10mg) for very cheap, can make a man do silly things!!

dangerously addictive, dangerous to come off and the downer from a binge is terrible, but for some reason i still love them :chin:

anyhow back to the orignal point, i don't think 2mg would put out a medium sized fella for the night but ya never know!
    I had to detox off diazepam in rehab and it was AWFUL.

I still love it though. Aaah, euphoric recall. No more benzos for me, woe.
    I took 6mg about an hour before going to be last night and felt completely fine other than the usual tiredness you'd get when bedtime isn't far off.

However I woke once or twice in the middle of the night (as I normally do) and I felt like my whole body was made of lead, I was barely strong enough to turn over.

Interesting effect.
    I've just been prescribed these for a back/neck injury at 2ml a tab.

Is that dose likely to put me out for the night?

The reason your GP gave you Diazepam is, as you said, because in small doses it acts as a muscle relaxant. it stops spasming and allows your muscles to heal as they are less tight. 2mg is a small dose, and it is unlikely to cause you much in the way of psychotropic effect. however, as people have pointed out, it is dependent on lots of factors. some people as extremely sensitive to it. alcohol makes the symptoms more severe, and can have a paradoxical effect in some users, making them jittery and anxious. but at these doses it is unlikely to happen.