Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Tattling on a colleague

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I hate telling tales and getting people into trouble but something at work has come up and I felt the need to tell my employers and I feel a bit bad.

A few weeks ago a girl at work told me she had seen someone dealing drugs from behind the bar. The guy was a bit of a lairy git as is and completely lazy anyway and it would have kind of made sense. He would come to the area I work in and spark up a spliff during work. My job's pretty cool, they are really relaxed and say to us "Whatever you do outside work is fine, just please don't do it when you're working". They give us free entry and don't mind too much if we partake in drugs when we're attending an event there.

However I've seen this guy acting shifty ever since, he's blantaly dealing drugs behind the bar and the cloakroom and the other day I was on the cloakroom when someone asked my male colleague (who looks a bit like him) if he was selling any MDMA today. He was like "Erm think you've got the wrong guy." and the guy who asked was like "oh last time I was here the guy behind here was selling... nevermind"

So I told my bosses what I know, as discreetly as I could, and now they are launching a little investigation into it. Obviously though as I've not seen anything particularly blatant it's just hearsay at the moment. I'm trying to get the girl who told me to come forward but she doesn't want to tattle.

If this gets found out we're fucked. They will close the place down, we'll lose all our jobs, the license will be revoked etc. I really don't know what to do. I won't tell my employers who told me and they respect that but it's just really frustrating.

Any ideas guys?

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    If the club get the police involved or whatever and are showing to be acting preemptively and working with the police and council to sort this out, then they possibly wont lose their licence.
    I don't think they will get the police involved though :S
    I feel for you.

That was very brave of you, I think you handled the situation as best you could. You have told your boss, I would stop worrying and let things take their course.
    You've done all you can so I wouldn't worry- i'm guessing your boss will ask the rest of the people who work there if they know anything and depending on what they say it'll go from there. I'd think they would also keep a close eye on the suspected guy and either catch him at it and sack him i assume, or he'll realise hes being watched and stop.
    Either way, I think you did the right thing.
    I don't *really* get it. I mean, if he gets done, where are you going to get your MDMA from as easily?