Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Being In Between

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I am going to one of my cousins graduation this weekend, and another of my cousins (on the other side of the family) is not graduating, but helping with the graduation. I did not know that they knew each other, but the one who is organizing the graduation apparently bullied the other one when they were younger, and know they hate each other's guts! I'm good friends with both of them, and I value their friendship a lot, but I know that they can both be total assholes. I know that I should talk to them reasonably, but I doubt that they'd be reasonable. What the hell should I do?

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Well, what's the actual problem its not really clear..
    It sounds like, you have two cousins that dislike each other, both are having separate graduations in different places but on the same day, that right? If thats the case I'd go to the cousin's that is actually graduating. Simply 'helping with the ceremony' is hardly an acheivement really.
    no, they go to the same school, and will both be at the same graduation, though one is not actually graduating.

i love them both, but i know that they can (and probably will) be assholes. And I don't know how to deal with the situation I'm in.
    Whats the problem? What has their dislike for each other got to do with you?
    I've a feeling that i'll end up being the buffer. Or they'll dislike me for liking the other, which would be absolutely awful.
    If it kicks off, tell them both to grow the fuck up and leave you out of it.