Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

The Vitality Show

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I'm going to The Vitality Show tomorrow :hyper:

Has anyone been to it?

Was it good?

Comments

• Options
    PearlyPearly Posts: 345 The Mix Regular
    I just got back from it to do some research for our health section! It's very good, make sure you go on the top floor as well. I have come back slightly poorer and with a face darker than my neck (lots of free makeovers and well it only took five mins!) but it definitely inspired me on a work and personal level. Take your own water if you don't want to spend £1.80 on a bottle!
  • Options
    Sounds good :yippe:

I'll take some water with me, thanks for that tip :thumb:
  • Options
    I'm really excited now :hyper:
  • Options
    It was really good, I'd recommend it. I got lots of freebies!
  • Options
    Can you buy tickets on the door? Might check it out tomorrow as I'm seeing a friend who lives nearby
  • Options
    go_away wrote: »
    Can you buy tickets on the door? Might check it out tomorrow as I'm seeing a friend who lives nearby

Yes but the full price tickets on the door are £17 for adults :eek2:

I think they do a good discount for students though, I *think* student tickets were £8 on the door.

My step-sister got us an online deal 2-for-1, I don't think it's worth the full price although it is good.
  • Options
    Feck! Hmm, just ordered a rather expensive cookery book but I might give it a go tomorrow. Student rate sounds better than the full price!
  • Options
    go_away wrote: »
    Feck! Hmm, just ordered a rather expensive cookery book but I might give it a go tomorrow. Student rate sounds better than the full price!

You can definately pick up at least £8 worth of free things :yes:

I love cookbooks!! What one did you order? I got a couple of new ones for Christmas, I love having new cookbooks, I've got quite a collection now!!
  • Options
    Good to hear (me = freeloader)

I ordered one from the US (and paid the shipping price :grump: but I thought it could be an early birthday pressie to myself), it's called Gourmet Nutrition. It instantly appealed to the gym bunny in me and a picture for every recipie clinched it :D

You can download some sample recipies here, I really want to make the fruit crumble :yum:
  • Options
    That cookbook looks good, I can see why it appealed to you!