Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

just found out im pregnant

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hi i just found out im pregnant :nervous: , I did 3 tests and it came up straight away on all of them.. i dont even know how long i'd be bacuse i havent had period in 10 weeks but i went doc's 4 weeks ago for test and in was negitive, he told me to test again in 2 weeks just to be certain but i just assumed i wasnt and didnt bother..

Now im worried cos i drank a lot over st patricks weekend and i also took antibiotics this week for throat infection ( will this of done baby any harm) Also me and my b/f finished 2 weeks ago so goin to be doing this alone im a bit scared but i had abortion before and i know i couldnt even consider doing it again, any advice would be appreciated

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    hiya

i think the first thing to do is to go back to the doctors and get them to start your antenatal care if youre thinking you will go ahead with the pregnancy. I think you should do this ASAP. Theyll give you a prescription for folic acid etc and they will refer you to the hospital for your scans. They might want to scan you quite quickly to be sure of your dates.
    Its unlikely that a one off drinking binge will have done any harm. Obviously its not recommended in pregnancy but there are a lot of people out there whove done the same before finding out they were pregnant and the chances are everything will be fine.

Good luck :)
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    It should tell you on the box on your antiboitics whether they are safe to take during pregnancy. Some will be safe and others won't be.