Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Wrong or OK?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I was at a sort of family re-union the other day and bumped into relatives that I haven't seen since I was a kid.
One of my relatives turned up, a girl only a few years older than myself, haven't seen her in years. She's only just related to me, my father's cousin's daughter. The thing was, I found her very attractive and she was instantly very talkative and flirty with me, the more we talked the more I was drawn to her. We've agreed to stay in touch, but surely this is wrong?

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    It's not illegal. Some people might have an issue with it though, especially in the family. I personally would have said "Meh", and not been bothered.
    i dont think its particularly wrong, but you might give her a shock if she realises. She might just be being friendly considering that you are family, albeit not close family.
    And staying in touch dont mean you're gonna end up fucking her. unless of course she's said that.
    I was at a sort of family re-union the other day and bumped into relatives that I haven't seen since I was a kid.
    One of my relatives turned up, a girl only a few years older than myself, haven't seen her in years. She's only just related to me, my father's cousin's daughter. The thing was, I found her very attractive and she was instantly very talkative and flirty with me, the more we talked the more I was drawn to her. We've agreed to stay in touch, but surely this is wrong?

Oh man, I remember when we had that HUUUUGE family reunion in a Heurigen (some kind of restaurant.. hard to describe). My family with all the relatives is really quite large, and nothing sucks more than seeing a girl there hot as sin and finding out you are related to her.

Don't keep in touch, you know why you want to do it, obviously not because you think she'd be a cool friend.

On the other hand, we are probably all related in some kind of sense, just more distanced or not. Guess you have to decide for yourself if this kind of distance (father's cousin's daughter) is already enough.
    TBh fathers cousins daughter is reallly not related enough to bother about - the actual being related thing - i think its fine
    Seems a big enough distance in terms of genetics to me - the family might not see it that way though.
    Sis, bro, mum, dad, granny, granda no fecking way, anything outside that work away
    My neighbours are cousins and they have 3 kids, no one says nothing. I don't see a problem with going out with your 2nd cousin, it's not that close.
    There's a removed going on as well. So it's almost not worth mentioning
    i dont think you're blood related. Only by marriage.
    ok in my book.

on a different note, if your partners (single) mum got with your (single) dad would that be ok? Some might see it odd, some might see it nice. They're not blood related....
    Well think about it, when you have a relationship with this person (if u want 2) you'll be stuck with the thought that she is closely related to you and views from family members. In question, some might ask is the love strong enough?

p.s if your goal is to mack her then its not.

go for other girls not related, and see how special she will be when your already hanging out with others.

:chin: no offence

Cruz