Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

imma muppet

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I said that I'd help out this tutor who sent me an email about a Dyslexia group because she's conducting a study and needs students who are studying English with Dyslexia. I completely forgot about the first meeting and said I'd go to the second one but now have completely forgot about that despite writing it down. I just sent my apoligies this time in an email and said that I have a really hard essay to do today which is true. I didn't really just want to say I completely forgot because it would be a bit insulting of me cuz it's her research. Just ARGH whyyy am I an idiot :( Fucking memory

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    dont worry mate, if youve got an essay on this study thing wont be top of your list!
    also, I get this. something I really, genuinely mean to do, even have the date or time in my head, and keep thinking of it, but forget that today is that day (if you see what I mean). Its like I run two calenders in my head or something.
    I am a bit odd tho tbh.
    Yeah I did genuinely mean to go. It's just I've bailed out twice now and feel really guilty. I emailed my apoligies but am too scared to go see if here is a reply :blush:
    Don't worry, that happens. :)
    Don't worry, that happens. :)

thanks. I think I just have to accept that shit happens. Still feel soo guilty tho! How are you today Johnny??
    I do as well with stuff like that at times. Its not like you did it on purpose.

Im fine. Thanks for asking. :)
    that's cool :) yeah i just kinda brood over my wrongdoings..doh
    You won't feel bad about it for long, after all at least you sent them an email with your apologies. I doubt they will be mad.
    Rachael Rachael Rachael, tut tut. This can't go on like that!!!

Nah, seriously, happens to the best of us. Happens me rather often, actually, and I am pretty sure that's why my future wife will divorce me. "What you gave birth to our kid TODAY? Oh jeez, what was on my mind.", or won't even marry me, "WHAT? our marriage is today, sorry can you go alone? I'm watching footie with my pals."

Maybe you can ask to re-do it? That will show her, that you take it serious and that you didn't bail out, because of disinterest.
    I kinda asked to re-do it the first time I missed it because I said I'd go to the second one. :blush::blush:
    I kinda asked to re-do it the first time I missed it because I said I'd go to the second one. :blush::blush:

Ok, you REALLY are a muppet

:razz:
    a well meaning muppet!
    a well meaning muppet!

Don't talk yourself out of this one :razz: