Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

when my half-sister gets in contact!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Many moons ago my dad had a girlfriend and she got pregnant, he then didnt want anything to do with the girlfriend or the baby and still doesnt. He is paying CSA money and says that when he dies we are going to have 50% each or everything he has.

Its been dawning on me the couple of days that one day my half-sister is going to get in contact (we met up once for like a hour when i was like 10 and she was like 5 - she knows she has a half-brother and know my name) also she has moved to Australia

Whats it going to be like when one day i am going to get a call/letter to meet up, what does she look like?, what will happen?

Comments

• Options
    I'd imagine it would be very strange, I have a half brother myself who didn't live in our house as we grew up but we see each other quite regularly.
  • Options
    My dad's mum ran off and left him when he was about three years old. His dad burnt all the photos of his mother and told him stories that she ran off with a GI and ended up in prison.

For years my dad tried to track her down and then found out randomly back in the 70s that she had died.

Recently he went on Genes Reunited and he spotted someone asking about his mother. They got in contact and it turned out he had two half-siblings.

Obviously this is a lot different to your situation but in some ways it's quite close. You're either one day going to get together and it's going to be horrible and awkward and you'll never want to speak again or you'll get together and you'll have a new half-sister.

These things vary from family to family, person to person and as long as you're sensible and don't think that it's going to be all perfect with a snap of the fingers then you should be fine. Remember she'll be going through the same things as you.

When the day comes don't panic, you'll probably find out you have a lot in common and a lot you don't.

I'm not really sure what else to say on the matter.