Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

burning / tearing sensation in knee!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
As some of you who post in the increased fitness thread I fell on my knee last week, I rested and iced it for 2 days then it felt ok, so i went on a walk today in a bid to be active, when i moved awkwardly. Since then I am getting a burning or tearing sensation to the right of my left knee cap, when i put any weight on it or try to bend or straighten it from a certain position. I cant find my ice pack so i have rubbed some cold as ice on it and taken some tramadol however it is still really painful. Has anyone else had this? if so will it go away on its own again or will i have 2 go 2 hospital, if so what do they do? Thanks Emz

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    try the bulletin board at www.kneeguru.co.uk
    Anything like this, I'd recommend seeing a doc, maybe some people on knee guru have been through like this before and will be able to help, but def seek medical advice
    go_away wrote: »
    Anything like this, I'd recommend seeing a doc, maybe some people on knee guru have been through like this before and will be able to help, but def seek medical advice

:yes:
    Yeah I'd start off by going to the GP for some advice and take it from there.
    Gahh knee injuries are such a pain! I have suffered with my knee now for 10 years and it does my head in!! That knee guru site may be useful but I found it quite confusing as you have to know your specific area/condition that you have...there are so many different parts to the knee!

I suppose you could go to the GP, although they will probably fob you off with ibprofen, rest and ice... that is what they've always said to me :yeees:
    I went to the hospital earlier as i couldnt put any weight on it, they basically said take ibroprefen (which im allergic to) and ice it and walk as much as possible! It is soo painful thou and im really annoyed coz i finally hav some time off work to go to the gym and i cant go!