Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Live to work or work to live??

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Which are you?? I feel I'm pretty much in the middle, I love my job and it pays well so I guess I get best of both worlds.

Comments

• Options
    Work to live... or in my case... work to pay bills and nay on the living part, thats just out of the budget :p

I hope in a few years shy of a decade I can be somewhere in the middle also!
  • Options
    Work to live definately! Why anyone would live to work is beyond me.
  • Options
    Work to live, abasaluto!
  • Options
    Neither. I work becasue I dont know what I want to do with myself anymore career wise and I might as well be using my brains and qualifications for something.
  • Options
    Feels like im living to work but really I'm working to live even though I rarely have any spare cash
  • Options
    I work to live, definitely, but I enjoy the line of work I do (start new job on Tuesday, woo) and I'll do extra if it helps a client.
  • Options
    I work in order to help support our growing stash of costly toys and gadgets.
  • Options
    littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    Work to live. Definitely.

It's just a bonus that I enjoy my job.
  • Options
    Work to live. Definitely.

It's just a bonus that I enjoy my job.

Same. :)
  • Options
    I live to work. Without work, I struggle to find any kind of meaning with life. I hated my times of being unemployed - it felt like I was doing nothing with my days, that my life was just essentially being wasted. I do get a sense of achievement from my work nowadays, especially now that I have more responsibilities than in the past. However, that's not to say I don't have a life outside of work. I have quite a lot of other interests.
  • Options
    Work to live. Wouldn't want it any other way.
  • Options
    i dont think there would be too many who would admit they live to work to be honest

i work to live...im lazy
  • Options
    Work to live. I don't even enjoy my job, I just do it for the money until my longer term plan pans out.
  • Options
    Work to live however I try to enjoy my job as If I'm not happy somewhere I'll drop it and move on. Job provides income - income provides a means to enjoy life further.

In saying that without work I'd be screwed totally.
  • Options
    Work to live, but I love my job so it's all good really. You'll rarely find if I'm actually in on an evening I won't be logged into work keeping up to date with things, but there's no way I'd sit in and work if there was a social event happening, unless deadlines had to be met, but then I work flexi time so that's made up for anyway.