Home Home, Law & Money
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Laminate flooring

It was decided that we'd have some laminate flooring done. So we toddled to the shop and bought the bits, and a DVD telling you how to do it. That looks a lot easier than I thought, I thought. 2 days later and i'm still not fucking finished. WHO THE FUCK DESIGNS HOUSES WITH WALLS AT A SLIGHT ANGLE?!?!?!?!?!?
WHY THE FUCK DO ALL DOORS HAVE A LITTLE WOODEN BIT THAT STICKS OUT INSTEAD OF BEING FLUSH TO THE WALL?!?!!?!
WHY DO SAWS GO BLUNT AFTER USING THEM ONCE!!!?!?!?!

GARGH!!!!! :mad: :banghead: :banghead:
Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Oh dear, get someone else to do it next time
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,283 Skive's The Limit
    Laminate's a piece of piss.

What have you got Quick Step?

You shoudl be using a jigsaw, and don't worry about small gaps around the edge, that's what beadings for.

As for the arcatraves round the doors. Get an undercut saw, set it to the height of the laminate and take it off at the bottom.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    Whowhere wrote: »
    It was decided that we'd have some laminate flooring done. So we toddled to the shop and bought the bits, and a DVD telling you how to do it. That looks a lot easier than I thought, I thought. 2 days later and i'm still not fucking finished. WHO THE FUCK DESIGNS HOUSES WITH WALLS AT A SLIGHT ANGLE?!?!?!?!?!?
    WHY THE FUCK DO ALL DOORS HAVE A LITTLE WOODEN BIT THAT STICKS OUT INSTEAD OF BEING FLUSH TO THE WALL?!?!!?!
    WHY DO SAWS GO BLUNT AFTER USING THEM ONCE!!!?!?!?!

GARGH!!!!! :mad: :banghead: :banghead:

HA HA! Laminate is a doddle ...stick to the beat mate.
  • Options
    I've just finished, and it's looking quite good.....which is a surprise lol. Just need to do the trim, but i'm shit at angles so the wife can help with that :D

And yes, i'm sure it is a piece of piss, but there's a good reason why I never became an odd-job man or carpenter, and that's because i'm shit at all things DIY. I was about ready to go and shoot someone last night whilst trying to hang a picture of all things lol.
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,283 Skive's The Limit
    Whowhere wrote: »
    I've just finished, and it's looking quite good.....which is a surprise lol. Just need to do the trim, but i'm shit at angles so the wife can help with that :D

Go and buy a mitre block from the hardware store. You can get them for a couple of quid and they'll mean all you angles on your beading are spot on.

945footprint.jpg
    Weekender Offender