Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Cant decide what to do

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Or even if I will or want to........
Basically I joined the army (Paras) 2 years ago (as Ive posted about before)and left and have always regretted it.
Anyways,I feel Im coming up to a point in my life where I need to DO something with my life or be stuck at Tescos forever.:crying:
Recently Ive been really interested in the Marines and have been thinking about maybe joining,but on the other hand Ive always for a fair few years wanted to be a Para.So Im feeling a bit confused about what I want to do.
On the one hand Ive always wanted to be a Para and even thinking about it now really makes me feel......inspired.
At the same time I feel the same about the Marines so Im confused as to what (if either) I want to do.
But then when I went back to the army careers office and read my report it said I was "totally unsuitable for a career in the army and the paras".Then again that was over 2 years ago,Ive changed a lot since then and the officer interviewing me said he would disregard that and give me a clean slate so.......
I guess I need to make a decision (I havent phoned either the army or marines careers offices yet) and go from there.
Any opinions or advice welcome.
Cheers

Comments

• Options
    BunnieBunnie Posts: 6,099 Master Poster
    my ex was in the paras and I know that they have a sort of bond together (as I am sure you know) but perhaps you should go for the marines for a bit of difference.

Personally I dont know enough about either to help, but you obviously left the paras for a reason, so perhaps a change would be good?
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Yeah thats what I was thinking too,plus the marines seem to do a lot more than the paras in training (respectively).
    Also,I was told on another forum Im more than likely to be turned away not just from the paras again but possibly from the army altogether....
    And in the marines Id still be a fully trained elite soldier and also be able to get a trade as well whereas in the army Id have to do one or the other.