Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

New Media Video

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
Ok, so lately i been watching a lot of "New Media" videos on the net, and im not talking youtube im talking proper, produced for audiences, stuff. That said, i found this awesome site with some AWESOME funny short films on it. Was wondering if anyone else has heard of www.galacticast.com Starring Casey McKinnon former presenter of A Comicbook Orange (another awesome net show).

Also, what do people think of "New Media"? By which i mean, web based shows, shows on the net, made for the net? IMDB doesn't count them at all, but i think they are awesome.
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    Love it, I'm a huge fan of Casey McKinnon after A Comicbook Orange, love The Stack as well. The real, incomparable, superb web shows at the moment have to be for video games though.

Zero Punctuation is brutal, funny and hits all the right spots, whereas Consolevania is about as close to deliberate anarchy as you can get and still be great - and their current BBC Scotland show videoGaiden is well worth a watch.

Angry Video Game Nerd is okay as well, though I was more of a Spectrum - Megadrive - Amiga - Dreamcast nerd so some of the Famicom nostalgia wears thin
  • Options
    Yay! Some one else who loves Casey McKinnon and The Stack!!! Love that show, been watching the archive of it.

Got to say, i think this stuff should count, the shows i mean and be counted by imdb, etc.

Definately checking out those links you put up Jim!