Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

George Galloway's acceptional knowledge of Iran

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Wow!

Mr Galloway argues that Mehdi's partner was playing with little boys and they don't execute people in Iran for being gay.

Tbh, I didn't think they had homosexuals in Iran. :rolleyes:

Comments

• Options
    Namaste wrote: »
    Wow!

That made laugh!
    How the hell does your mind work?
    You obviously didn't see my recent post about the gay Taliban. In kandahar you can well be surrounded by a bunch of guys pointing machine guns at you with every intentiion of blowing you away ...dressed in frocks with lipstick and eye makeup handbags and even high heeled slingbacks.
    It was a serious post ...backed up by Jimmy V.
    How can you think there are whole nations without gay people?
    It's a bit like saying ...i didn't know they had vegetarians in America.
  • Options
    That made laugh!
    How the hell does your mind work?
    You obviously didn't see my recent post about the gay Taliban. In kandahar you can well be surrounded by a bunch of guys pointing machine guns at you with every intentiion of blowing you away ...dressed in frocks with lipstick and eye makeup handbags and even high heeled slingbacks.
    It was a serious post ...backed up by Jimmy V.
    It's a bit like saying ...i didn't know they had vegetarians in America.
    In Iran we do not have homosexuals

:rolleyes:
  • Options
    Galloway's an idiot. I agreed with him on Iraq, but his arguments were embarrassing. I watched him debate Christopher Hitchens, and it was hilarious. He got utterly fucked. I have absolutely zero respect for the man intellectually. He thinks that any legitimate criticism of a regime is an argument for war, and so would rather defend some of the most dispicible regimes in the world.
  • Options

Well they don't

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/arts/main.jhtml?xml=/arts/exclusions/tvondemand/nosplit/LNoTV/bvtranssexual25.xml

They either have a sex change or get executed...
  • Options
    omg you can't say that

YOU'RE PRO WAR :yeees:

YOU WANT PEOPLE TO DIE
  • Options
    YOU WANT PEOPLE TO DIE
    Only the undemocratic.
  • Options
    This case is yet another of the government being petty and small minded purely to look tough on immmigration in the Mail. Same as they sent a woman back to Ghana to die for no good reason.

As for Galloway - why cant this nation just look the other way and ignore him? He deserves no attention what so ever.
  • Options
    budda wrote: »
    As for Galloway - why cant this nation just look the other way and ignore him? He deserves no attention what so ever.

Good point... Same with his homophobic little party.
  • Options

In Germany during the Nazi-era homosexuals were hunted down and executed. Not all prisoners at Aushwitz had a yellow star sewn onto their uniforms, a significant majority had pink triangles.

In Nazi-Germany being gay was only marginally more acceptable than being Jewish or a Gypsy.

Fast forward to modern day Iran and again you have homosexuals being imprisoned and most likely executed.
  • Options
    Whowhere wrote: »
    In Germany during the Nazi-era homosexuals were hunted down and executed. Not all prisoners at Aushwitz had a yellow star sewn onto their uniforms, a significant majority had pink triangles.

It wasn't as high as other groups. Hunting down gay men was harder than hunting down Jews, it was easier for gay men to hide their identity. Hence why it was 100,000 and not even more. Of those arrested they were sent to prisons or concentration camps.

See -

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_gay_men_in_Nazi_Germany_and_the_Holocaust
    http://www.petertatchell.net/history/survivors.htm
    Fast forward to modern day Iran and again you have homosexuals being imprisoned and most likely executed.

Indeed. Some have unwanted sex changes, some are executed and some live in fear and secrecy.
  • Options
    J wrote: »
    Only the unspiritual. :yes:

Thats probably the democratic then.
  • Options
    Not all prisoners at Aushwitz had a yellow star sewn onto their uniforms, a significant majority had pink triangles.
    Apart from black triangles, what other symbols were used?