Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Cannabis questions

Hi guys.

I was just curious, Do you notice any affects that cannabis has on you or do you think it has had any bad effects on you? like people say that it makes you have memory loss and stuff like that. Only asking because there was a guy who used to live next door to me who was a dealer. I think he used to smoke weed alot himself because whenever he got angry he was really violent. I dunno if that happens to many though.

thanks
Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I've never actualy met anyone that becomes violent after a smoke ...maybe he's just a miserable git full stop.
    Memeory ...short term memory realy gets effected by weed ...but thats part of the buzz ...i often wander in the kitchen and can't remember why ...oh yes i'm making a brew ...but only whilst under the influence. I consider myself to have a realy good memory.
    It can make you forgetfull and bone idle when hammering it.
    Thing with cannabis i find is ...some time it acts as a stimulant ...sometimes a relaxant ...sometimes both at the same time which is strange and at the mnoment beyond sciences understanding.
    I've learnt over the years how to use the stuff i believe. Very small ammounts get me busy ...working hard ...being meticulous in what i'm doing ...enjoying what i'm doing. Small ammpounts are also brill as a pain killer for my bad back.
    One thing it never did help me with is spelling and typing.
    Only asking because there was a guy who used to live next door to me who was a dealer. I think he used to smoke weed alot himself because whenever he got angry he was really violent.

Cannabis per se is not known to do this, however it IS known to exacerbate existing psychosis and other mental health problems, of which violence and irritability may be a symptom. If he is as heavily involved as you suggest, there may be other substance use involved as well.
    Some people can do it and be fine, others go a bit mental. If in doubt, dont do it.
  • SkiveSkive Posts: 15,282 Skive's The Limit
    It used to make me lethargic and certainly fucked up my memory.
    And after a few years it made me paranoid so I knocked it on the head.
    Weekender Offender 
    I've never actualy met anyone that becomes violent after a smoke ...maybe he's just a miserable git full stop.
    Memeory ...short term memory realy gets effected by weed ...but thats part of the buzz ...i often wander in the kitchen and can't remember why ...oh yes i'm making a brew ...but only whilst under the influence. I consider myself to have a realy good memory.
    It can make you forgetfull and bone idle when hammering it.
    Thing with cannabis i find is ...some time it acts as a stimulant ...sometimes a relaxant ...sometimes both at the same time which is strange and at the mnoment beyond sciences understanding.
    I've learnt over the years how to use the stuff i believe. Very small ammounts get me busy ...working hard ...being meticulous in what i'm doing ...enjoying what i'm doing. Small ammpounts are also brill as a pain killer for my bad back.
    One thing it never did help me with is spelling and typing.

This man speaks wise words.

Love the ganga myself . end of. :yes:
    small amounts can be stimulating and helps ya work away

rippin the arse out of it your memory goes to shreds, you get lazy as fuck and you get pissed off when you run out and can't get more!

i used to be really good at spelling and maths also, now numbers just hurt my head!
    cannabis afects me in all aspects of life.

when i was on it, i dont give a fuck and couldnt be arsed in work, i couldnt be arsed with any of my mates, my diet was terrible, my mood was always bleek and i was generally an asshole.
    Cannabis per se is not known to do this, however it IS known to exacerbate existing psychosis and other mental health problems, of which violence and irritability may be a symptom. If he is as heavily involved as you suggest, there may be other substance use involved as well.

It may not even be other substances, it may just be the market. If he is heavily involved he may not trust many people, he may constantly fear arrest, he may occasionally buy too much on tick...etc.
    stitty415 wrote: »
    my diet was terrible, my mood was always bleek and i was generally an asshole.

Tell me about it.
    ..short term memory realy gets effected by weed ...but thats part of the buzz ...i often wander in the kitchen and can't remember why ...oh yes i'm making a brew ...

lol i get that all the time,ill get up go threw the kitchen for sumtin then when im there cant remember what im there for,or when im really melted and go to say sumtin to sum1 and forget what i was gonna say lol as for getting violent when melted i dont know any1 who that happins to,usually after a smoke all you wanna do is chill and talk shit
    cassidy04 wrote: »
    usually after a smoke all you wanna do is talk shit
    You may have noticed i manage to do that without having a smoke!
    ah i love smoking weed but ive got to the stage where im more spaced out when im not on it...my mind goes blank and my memory is awful....its hard to get the balance of having an occasional smoke without getting to the stage where u need it to not feel edgy, aggrivated and stressed....but peoples personality has a major role to play in how you react to smoking it.....different people have more addictive personalities etc.....

id like to kick it on the head.....but then again.....