Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Writing a good covering letter

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I am applying for an 'ethical PR' company in my area. I sent my CV to them and they have asked for a cover letter.

I was wondering how you write a covering letter for a PR company.

Also... I have never worked in PR before and am not 100% sure about everything it entails. It is basically maintaining a good relationship between the client and the public right? Looking after their image?

What kind of skills do you need?

Comments

• Options
    Try prospects. Its a great website - will explain what you need to write in covering letters & shows you examples. And if you go to the careers section and click PR or something similar, it'll tell you what kind of skills you'll probably need. Just google "prospects careers" or something. usually works for me

Good luck with your application :thumb:
  • Options
    I think PR can cover quite a wide range of things, depending on what the company focus on. (Could be wrong).

Anyway, I'd say don't worry too much about the coving letter. Make it fairly short and to the point.
    As far as I remember... Say what job you are applying for, what you are doing now, why you are applying for the role and a little bit about why you think you'd be good for it and pretty much leave it at that.

I can try and find the link... But Connexions and Learn Direct have data bases about jobs which might help you find out what PR entails.