Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

The Velvet Underground

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
For fellow enthusiasts: What's your favorite Velvet Underground song/album?

My favorite song's "Sunday Morning", my favorite album's "The Velvet Underground and Nico", partially because of "Sunday Morning" and "Heroin", partially because I love Nico's voice.
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    ..and Nico's the best album. But The Gift is my favourite song, probably. Or Venus in Furs. Or about 10 others.
  • Options
    Rock & Roll definately my favourite track but I'd agree with 'and Nico' being the best album.

If we're including Lou Reed as well then I'd go for Berlin as the best album out of everything he's done (including The Velvet Underground work) and Caroline Says 2 is hands down my favourite song of all down (along with Martha by Tom Waits)
  • Options
    Yes, do lets talk about Lou... I can't choose between Wild Side and Coney Island Baby. But Andy's Chest is my favorite of his songs, Velvets being excluded. Have you heard "Songs for Drella"? That's quite nice as well.
  • Options
    For fellow enthusiasts: What's your favorite Velvet Underground song/album?

My favorite song's "Sunday Morning", my favorite album's "The Velvet Underground and Nico", partially because of "Sunday Morning" and "Heroin", partially because I love Nico's voice.

Yes yes yes and ...when it first came out the critics trashed it ...the stoners went wild about it ...the public caught on ...as they say ...the rest is history.
    I met Nico around 78 79 maybe 80 ...can't remember it to well ...she was living in a flat in Whalley Range Manchester ...thats the red light district or was ...we shared some heroin a few times and outside in the street were a hundred punks day and night wanting to worship her! Then she died.
  • Options
    I always liked 'waiting for the man' - but the Warhol album is one that I like without being able to listen to it all the time - its full of bleak soundscapes.
  • Options
    most things off "& Nico". esp Sunday Morning & Venus in Furs