Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Webcam?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Can anyone recommend a good webcam to buy for making youtube videos?

Comments

• Options
    Does it matter, if it's just for youtube videos? Just get a regular 2MP one. But if you want a good one, this looks pretty good and it's on offer at the moment. More important would be to get a decent microphone like this, because that's what'll show your video up.
  • Options
    The Flip Video Camcorder is a very popular cam. It's portable and all you have to do is plug it in and the video is ready for YouTube.
  • Options
    2MP for a web cam? I didn't think that a broadband connection (even nowadays) could broadcast 2MP at 15-odd frames per second? Remember that upload speed is only a fraction of download speed.
  • Options
    2 Mega Pixel I'm sure is what was ment ;)

Anyone looking for a webcam should try Logitech in my opinion, I've got one and I love it. I got the mega pixel Sphere model and it's brilliant not least because you can get it to follow you around the room which is hilarious at times plus the software you use with it.

Creative are supposed to make good webcams too.

I don't think there is any one make or model that is good for doing youtube stuff with.
  • Options
    Monserrat wrote: »
    2MP for a web cam? I didn't think that a broadband connection (even nowadays) could broadcast 2MP at 15-odd frames per second? Remember that upload speed is only a fraction of download speed.

Doesn't make any difference if you're recording it, and then posting it online though. I don't know what Youtube's limit on resolution is though, assuming they have one.
  • Options
    Cheers for your advice