Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Is it just me, Or is it impossible to get a job nowadays..

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited March 27 in Work & Study
Yeah, Ok I'm new here. So before I start my moaning. Let me introduce myself.
My name Is Faye, I'm 15 from Kent. So..
I NEED a job. My mum wouldn't shut up the other day, We had some HUGE arguement about how I need to pay my way. I refuse to do paper round. Expesially as i'm terrified of dogs. ¬¬
But anyway, So I told her I would get one. Thing is, I don't know were to start. My cousin said I need permission from my school to work on Saterdays:eek2: ? Well.. Shes 23 now so maybe times have changed. Could someone tell me were to start coz im practicly pulling my hair out here trying to prove to my mum I can get a job!.
Thanks (= x :blush:
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    You don't need permission from school to work. But you have to make sure you work within certain hours, you can't work before 7am or after a certain time during the week. Not sure on the rest.
  • Options
    Have you any local pubs? You could go in and ask if they need any waitresses.
  • Options
    Hairdressers, pubs, hotels, restaurants, car wash, market stalls, babysitting are the few I can think of off hand that tend to employ younger people.
  • Options
    Can you work in a pub at 15?
    I had my first job at a garden centre at 15..and i did it because i wanted to start earning a bit more for clothes and food. like others have mentioned, waitressing might be a good start...
  • Options
    Ballerina wrote: »
    You don't need permission from school to work. But you have to make sure you work within certain hours, you can't work before 7am or after a certain time during the week. Not sure on the rest.

:yes: I never remember bein told I need permission, but do have to make sure that my work isn't suffering.