Home Home, Law & Money
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Quick cc question....

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I have recently balance transferred to a 0% card and currently have 2 other CC's that are empty, completely £0 balances, is it better to close these or leave them open and not use them?

i am not in danger of using them at all, so thats not a issue!

thanks

Comments

• Options
    If you dont need them and have no balance I'd be inclined to close them personally. I dont know how or even if it would effect your credit history file.
  • Options
    It depends.

If your credit "rating" is quite poor it might be worth doing one shop a month on them and paying the balance in full. You won't have to pay interest if you clear the balance in full every month.

If you can't trust yourself to do that then close them.
  • Options
    check if there is any anniversary offers with them, might be another 0% offer coming up to keep you as a customer.
  • Options
    Kermit wrote: »
    It depends.

If your credit "rating" is quite poor it might be worth doing one shop a month on them and paying the balance in full. You won't have to pay interest if you clear the balance in full every month.

If you can't trust yourself to do that then close them.

might be a good idea actually, my credit record isnt too shabby, but cant be a bad thing to do a few improvements
  • Options
    Like someone else said spending on a cc and paying it off in full will certainly improve your rating, what I would mention though is if your not going to use them, be careful with fraud matters because if anyone gets holds of your details they could very well use them, and having 2 credit cards open which you don't use could increase the risk of someone getting hold of your details.