Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

why be such wankers?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I recently went for a job interview which, in all honesty I ended up feeling I'd bagged it. I really did think it would be mine but I still put in a good interview, I could feel the good vibes from the interviewer.

Anyway a few days later I had a rejection letter. OK, I can take that on the chin but I was curious to know why I hadn't been successful, if anything for my own reference (perhaps I was doing or saying something I wasn't aware of) so I phoned them up, thanked them for seeing me and said that although I respected their decision, I was interested to find out why they turned me down.

The response I had back was "Look, we don't HAVE to employ you, we made a decision and clearly it was the right one".

I was speechless. Why do some employers have to be such tossers? I was asking a legitimate question, that's all.

Comments

• Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,286 Skive's The Limit
    Well looks like you escaped working for a bunch of cunts. Look at it that way.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    It's not an unreasonable question to ask.

Given the response, probably because it went to an internal candidate, or a relative
  • Options
    asking for feedback i supposed to be good practice must be a pack of cunts. you should read some interiew skills books if you feel you were doing something wrong
  • Options
    Compain about the way she spoke to you
  • Options
    It may well seem like a reasonable question to you. However, my understanding is they don't legally have to answer this. Either way, this should have been dealt with far better than it was. You may well have escaped working for some very rotten people indeed here.
  • Options
    I think you had a lucky escape. Better luck the next time!