Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

I think I might have possibly gone mad...

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited March 27 in Work & Study
So I've been slacking with my dissertation. Though I think everybody else has been too... anyway so I was supposed to hand in a chapter breakdown last week and ended up panicking and having not done it yet (was worried over my portfolio which is a larger percentage of my grade and the chapter breakdown doesn't go towards my final grade).

Anyway, so I have been panicking. Haven't got a clue what I'm doing and by sitting down and trawling the internet I've actually managed to not only work out my chapter breakdowns, accumulate around 40 pages of notes and discover my main case studies and evidence but I'm enjoying it.

This has led me to believe I've actually lost the plot and gone insane. Baring in mind I'm applying Chomsky and Herman's Manufacturing Consent to the miners strikes of the 80s and how the representation of the media misled the public and set agendas for the government and big business (not my actual title btw)....

What do you think my chances are of getting an interview with Kelvin MacKenzie? LOL

How's everybody else's dissertation going?
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    aw im sure youll get more interested in it in time :yes:

mine.. well... mines due in next monday :p

and ive done.. not much of it. :( ive just been slacking SO much its untrue.
    i plan on doing quite a big chunk of it today... (tho after lunch, and numerous bits and bobs i have to do on the net first!)

my mates all think that ive got it under control and ive got a little bit left to do.. but little do they no.. i havent. the fact they keep nagging me and asking me how im doing is making me feel worse! like yesterday - my mate kept coming in my room every 20 minutes and whinging about how she couldnt do anything, and how mine was coming along.. and as a result i just got completely demotivated and basically did bugger all :(

*sigh*
    Don't worry, I keeping hitting writers block... worrying as I'm a journalism student :S

There's a great facebook group for this

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=2253421023

I'm trying to work out my third chapters sub-sections.... the price is looking rather impressive but I'm stuck now :(
    Well I've got to write by my thesis, preferably by September.

I've drafted my introduction and two chapters and have nearly finished a third, bringing me up to around 30,000 of the 75,000 word limit. I can really emphasise with the writers' block - my problem with my current chapter is pulling together the strings at the end and informing the reader why the 5,500 words they've just read is significant at all! Aggh...

Good luck with yours though
    I'm in the same boat Meyrn, submitting hopefully in September.

I've completed about 5 chapters (out of ten), and I'm at about 60, 000 words at the moment. I reckon I'm going to top out at about 100, 000 words. I've still got to transcribe about 15 hours of data and analyse it as well though, so I'm going to lose about two months doing that :(

I can't wait to be finished though!!
    I've still got to transcribe about 15 hours of data and analyse it as well though, so I'm going to lose about two months doing that :(

Good luck - I absolutely loathe transcribing, it just takes so damn long!