Home Home, Law & Money
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Council Tax

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
When you pay Council Tax, how is it worked out? The apartment is worth about £230,000 - £250,000 and I will be renting with the missus so is it by the value of the property and area and does it make a difference if you rent or buy? My local council site seems to be down so I cannot see if there is any information.

Comments

• Options
    check your council tax band at voa.gov.uk, then check with the council how much your band pays for the year. You can either pay yearly upfront or make ten payments, split monthly with two months off. Makes no difference whether you rent or buy.
  • Options
    Thanks, just had a look but out property isn't listed in there all though it has loads on our block listed, I'll have to speak to the agent tomorrow.
  • Options
    You'll be able to get a good idea from what the other flats in the block have.
  • Options
    Ok cheers, most seem reasonable but there are a few which are pretty high, hopefully we will be in C.