Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

My current job sucks

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Basically, i worked for a company, which i shall call A. There i did customer sales, service and all that sort of stuff. Then im moved onto a management development program, basically being trained to be a manager, and moving forward in my career. We then get a new General manager who basically takes me off the program and im back to basic sales again...2 years work for nothing.

Then an old manager who used to work at A then ask if i want to become his administrator for his store, a sister company which i shall call b.

I have no been at b for 6 weeks and i hate it. I have been fed a lot of false promises and told that i would recieve plenty of training before i start. I have had 1 training session which was a complete waste of time. Add on top of that the fact that its an hour and a half drive up here each morning and i have to be here for 8. I also share a room with my brother as well, so most of the time im out with people to try and get some free time to myself. I think its all built up inside and im ready to explode...

Main reason i write this is that ive been told that i have to do a stock count at another B tomorrow, and they have only just told me. Another hour and 45 minute drive and i have to be there for 7....i feel like i have been messed around.

Help anyone???

(Apologies for the long post, feel free to move if this is in the wrong section)

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    hi there

sounds as though you're having a pretty shitty time job wise

my advice would be to stick with job B for now, but look for job C

the job you've always wanted and will love is always just over the horizon and you won't find it if you don't look

start working on your CV and posting it on job websites like Monster and you'll find something better in no time