Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Jimmy

BunnieBunnie Posts: 6,099 Master Poster
Clear some space for my PM :)

Oh I have just thought, this is for JsT not you Jim V (sorry, that sounds a tad rude! :))

Comments

• Options
    JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    :o

OK my coop buddy!
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    You know what I don't understand about the name James/Jim. James doesn't have an "i". It's the only short version of a name that isn't even really that close. I remember the first Jim I knew when I found out his name was James. He was a friend of the family, always known as Jim. I went to a viewing of a court case for school, he was the judge and saw his name plate thing readign "James XXX" I was confused as hell :p
  • Options
    Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    You know what I don't understand about the name James/Jim. James doesn't have an "i". It's the only short version of a name that isn't even really that close. I remember the first Jim I knew when I found out his name was James. He was a friend of the family, always known as Jim. I went to a viewing of a court case for school, he was the judge and saw his name plate thing readign "James XXX" I was confused as hell :p
    What's more weird is how dissimilar the Greek "version" if that name is to the English one. To better understand the weirdness, I'll provide some other examples (the "formal" version for all).

George = Yeorghios
    Nicholas = Nikolaos
    Helen = Eleni
    Catherine = Ekaterini

then

James = Dimitrios

:confused:
  • Options
    weird
  • Options
    What's more weird is how dissimilar the Greek "version" if that name is to the English one. To better understand the weirdness, I'll provide some other examples (the "formal" version for all).

George = Yeorghios
    Nicholas = Nikolaos
    Helen = Eleni
    Catherine = Ekaterini

then

James = Dimitrios

:confused:

Does Amanda have an equilivent ;)

Nicholas is pretty close. Helen too, but if it were for dyslixic people :p
  • Options
    Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    Does Amanda have an equilivent ;)
    Not that I know of, sorry. :p I did try to think of one.
  • Options
    JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    katralla wrote: »
    weird
    Why are you calling a thread dedicated to me 'weird'? :(