Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Terminator 4

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/7266714.stm

The only saving grace in the atrocity exhibition that has been the gradual degrading of a seriously good piece of science fiction (see T3: Rise of the Machines; Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles) - is that Christian Bale will play John Connor.

Not that nonsense of a man, Nick Stahl (who is good at playing cowardly bullies but NOT the saviour of humanity).
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    He was crap in terminator man, but don't put Nick Stahl down - he was superb as the tortured and confused hero of Carnivale
    This rumour has been going round for ages, nice to see it's finally confirmed. Bale's a top actor, I hope it's nothing like the 3rd installment. One of the biggest let downs in my film watching life.
    Ahh class. Big fan of Bale!
    I'm not sure if this is a good thing. The original Terminator is a classic and the sequels have just been about cashing in on that rather than furthering the story IMHO
    I'm not sure if this is a good thing. The original Terminator is a classic and the sequels have just been about cashing in on that rather than furthering the story IMHO

i honestly think Judgement Day was the better movie, no doubt.

as for Stahl, blah.

as for Bale, not too sure, seems to have become quite the large paycheck fiend these days.

rumours are Josh Brolin will be in there as well, big fan of him.
    In keeping with my feelings on violence - we need more of it here. In the last Terminator I did not feel the menace of the first film; I didn't feel that they were facing a split-second hair trigger killing machine like the first and second terminators.

In the first two films, the sense of menace was based on the fact that if the Terminator could get so much as a clear look within spitting distance of its quarry it would kill them instantly and without pause. The inane hollywood quipping in the last one (and in Sarah Connor Chronicles) killed that stone dead.
  • SkiveSkive Posts: 15,282 Skive's The Limit
    Bale made a decent enough Batman when all the others had been shite. This could be good if done right.
    Weekender Offender 
    My guess would be that the time travel element will disappear until the last movie in this new trilogy, where they send Kyle Reese back to 1984 and so completing the circle.

They've already touched on this in Sarah Connor Chronicles. There's a 'flashback' to the future where you hear of John Connor breaking into a top secret facility with Kyle, with John being the only one coming out. Kyle's brother is pissed at John for not keeping anyone in the loop about what's going on, at which point John shows Kyle's brother the time machine.

Oh also, they used a different time machine in the first episode of Sarah Connor as well.
    Just as an aside, most of the 'The Terminator' comics that were published by various companies are/were extremely good at keeping in canon.

I highly recommend 'The Burning Earth' and 'Tempest'
    Bugger. That would have been so much better in the final Terminator movie. If they're any good that is.

Mmm. I'm still kind of confused as to how it worked in Sarah Connor. I remembered it being explained in one of the original Terminator movies as only living flesh could be transported back. This is why the terminators that were sent back looked human, and this is why anyone that was sent back was naked.

However in the first ep of Sarah Connor, they're being chased by a terminator which she shoots with an advanced future weapon which blows the terminator apart just as they're about to time travel. You see them emerge in the present day, with the non-flesh covered head of the terminator emerge on the other side. A few eps later, this fleshless terminator goes about putting itself back together and getting someone to synth it the flesh.
    Yeah - they've definately changed it slightly to allow that - I was thinking it should have been vaporized or just not able to travel.

However - bizarrely they still have them appear naked - so the time travel is supposedly removing everything non-skin based.

I guess the terminator could have been having the skin ripped off as it went through? Nah, I'm stretching here - definately a mistake.
    haha...
    I think so
  • Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    I read somewhere online, where I think it was official, that they wanted the terminator head to still have skin on it as it went through, and on fire. But the producers thought it was too gruesome or something.