Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

glasses or contacts?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
i reckon i know what the answer will be but..

do girls think guys look better with or without glasses???

i think glasses make you look more sophisticated whereas contacts make your eyes bigger.

what you reckon? :cool: or :)

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Sorry but:)

I've yet to see a lad look hot in glasses
    I wear both (not as the same time) :D

And have to say I get most complements when I'm wearing my glasses. Maybe thats just because people mostly see me in contacts.
    i get told my glasses suit me, but the other night was the first time I've worn contacts and i got more compliments, but thats probably because they've never seen me with contacts and theyre used to me wearing glasses. tell you what though, so much easier wearing contacts. feel quietly more confident :)
    I think gone are the days where people think people who wear glasses are all geeks. I like a man with a pair of glasses that suits him but I'm definitely not against contacts.
    i think guys can look hot in glasses, but obviously it depends on the guy and his style and what he looks like.
    I prefer glasses, but contacts can look better on some people. Plus you can get some cool cases, like this Hello Kitty :heart:
    I think it depends on the guy. Some look better in glasses, some in contacts and some just look good in both.
    I look better with contacts, the Woody Allen look aint good for me.
    Depends on the person. If you can get a good pair of frames that suit you then galsses are good, but some people prefer contacts.

I always wear my glasses though, me and contacts do not get on.
    Bri-namite wrote: »
    I look better with contacts, the Woody Allen look aint good for me.

i think those glasses on certain people look pretty cool. i was contemplating a pair of those a while ago until i turned my attention to contacts.:)

the only thing with wearing contacts is getting used to seeing yourself in the mirror when you've worn glasses since you were 10. i look like a right mole :lol:
    my boyfriend wears glasses and I think it suits him
    us speccies must stick together!
    Without. As a glasses-wearer myself, I much prefer to not have the 'plastic clash', Most awkward lol.
    I think glasses on men are sexy alot of the times. Of course it depends on the guy. And most definatly the glasses. They have to be nice small frame things, not big ugly thick plastic geek chic or whatever its called.

Depends on what I"m used to also. I've seen my dad in glasses for 20something years and on the odd occasion he has contacts he looks funny :p
    i think glasses can be very sexy on men :yes: only some of them tho, and also depends on the style of the glasses themselves... if theyre big ol 'bug eye' ones then thats not attractive, but if theyre smaller and more understated i think they can look quite nice

i dont wear glasses or contacts but ive been thinking about it, and i actually kindve want to!! i havent been to the optician since i was about.. 10 so i really want to go and find out the condition of my eyes. if i need them.. fair enough, but if not i may buy glasses anyway with clear lenses :) people say i suit glasses.. and i feel more intelligent when i wear them too! ;)

E_JohnnyDepp_325.jpg

mm :love:
    The whole looking more sophisticated thing is a myth. If you're aiming for sophisticated, either you're doing something terribly wrong or the person you're trying to impress is too easily influenced if the glasses were the deciding factor.

But yeah, I don't think I've ever been attracted to someone who wears glasses. Sure, I've went out with people who wear them every so often for certain things, but I'm talking about people who go clubbing etc wearing them.
    I think glasses on men are sexy alot of the times. Of course it depends on the guy. And most definatly the glasses. They have to be nice small frame things, not big ugly thick plastic geek chic or whatever its called.

Depends on what I"m used to also. I've seen my dad in glasses for 20something years and on the odd occasion he has contacts he looks funny :p

:yes:

Getting the right glasses is the key. They can be good, but equally they can be really not good.

When my Grandad didn't wear his glasses a couple of years ago it was really weird, as I'd never seen him without before.
    well i always thought Robert Downey Junior was hot, but i especially thought so when he was in Ally Mcbeal and wore glasses. Its nothing to do with looking sophisticated. I dont know what it is tbh. I just think on some people they look good
    this is absolutely dependent on who wears that glasses. Some have the face for it, some don't.

People who are deemed as very attractive won't be buttfuck ugly with glasses on. click me.
    Kiezo wrote: »
    The whole looking more sophisticated thing is a myth. If you're aiming for sophisticated, either you're doing something terribly wrong or the person you're trying to impress is too easily influenced if the glasses were the deciding factor.

But yeah, I don't think I've ever been attracted to someone who wears glasses. Sure, I've went out with people who wear them every so often for certain things, but I'm talking about people who go clubbing etc wearing them.
    Do you think that it's a subconcious thing then? You say above, that the person is too easily influenced if the glasses were a deciding factor, yet you then say you've never been attracted to someone wearing glasses. Obviously, it's had an impact on you....?
    Do you think that it's a subconcious thing then? You say above, that the person is too easily influenced if the glasses were a deciding factor, yet you then say you've never been attracted to someone wearing glasses. Obviously, it's had an impact on you....?

I was trying to think of a better way to word it but it was turning into an unsightly wall of text D:

I don't know if it's the glasses that put me off so much as, the people that seem to wear them (at least around here) don't seem to put that much effort into the rest of their appearance anyway. But pretty much everyone I see who only wears glasses ocassionally looks better without.

It's a high probability I'm just that shallow. Glasses don't usually fit into the outfits of the type of girls I'm usually attracted to anyway, though.

it isnt a myth, its an opinion. i look more sophisticated when i wear glasses in comparison to when i wear my contacts, in my opinion ofcourse. it all depends on your face and -i think- the colour of your glasses
    I wear glasses and look funny without them (IMO). I personally can't be fucked with contacts and being able to seeeeeeeeee is great.

guys + glasses = hot

but like everyone else has said, it depends on the guy & the style of frame.
    My old boss never wore glasses till one day he came in with a pair on and I found myself wiping up my drool over him even more :blush:
    it isnt a myth, its an opinion. i look more sophisticated when i wear glasses in comparison to when i wear my contacts, in my opinion ofcourse. it all depends on your face and -i think- the colour of your glasses

I don't think you understood what I was meaning. Sure, if you're wearing a suit, your hair respectable and decent specs, you can look "sophisticated". If on the other hand you're an emo in a My Chem tshirt, black skinnies, polka dot slip-on shoes and a pair of thick rimmed emo NHS style glasses, you don't look sophisticated.

tl;dr - glasses on their own don't have magical powers that grant the wearer sophistication.
    Either. Contacts are fine. Glasses can be great or awful depending on if the suit you etc. I know a few guys who look hot in glasses.
    Apparently I look "s'fisticated" when I wear my glasses. This old guy (who was lovely) that used to work at McD's as a litter-picker doesn't remember my real name so calls me that. I'm not sure it's possible to look sophisticated in a McDonald's uniform, but hey ho :D.
    I was trying to think of a better way to word it but it was turning into an unsightly wall of text D:

I don't know if it's the glasses that put me off so much as, the people that seem to wear them (at least around here) don't seem to put that much effort into the rest of their appearance anyway. But pretty much everyone I see who only wears glasses ocassionally looks better without.

It's a high probability I'm just that shallow. Glasses don't usually fit into the outfits of the type of girls I'm usually attracted to anyway, though.
    I think that's the crux of it. For women anyway. (sorry to turn the original subject from men to women, but it's just as interesting getting male opinions lol). I think glasses are majorly overlooked when it comes to style. I've seen countless people wearing basic metal old fashioned styles and they just do a job. Whereas with me, I'm very very aware of my glasses and the impression they give out, so I tend to choose very fashionable and stylish frames.

I think they can look very sophisticated, and can also look a right state lol.
    I think that's the crux of it. For women anyway.

Mmm. Out of the guys I know (and some women), most only wear glasses through sheer laziness. They say can't be bothered with the hassle of putting them in and taking them out even although it takes less than five minutes total from your day, so I guess subconsciously people group the two things as going hand in hand.
    Actually I've been complimented too, when not wearing glasses (since that's a rare sight. First thing to do in the morning is putting them on), but I can't be arsed to get contacts...
    Might tho anytime soon, since the insurance pays for it.
    I think glasses are majorly overlooked when it comes to style. I've seen countless people wearing basic metal old fashioned styles and they just do a job. Whereas with me, I'm very very aware of my glasses and the impression they give out, so I tend to choose very fashionable and stylish frames.

I do get my unobtrusive, kinda sporty glasses for EXACT that reason. I am wearing them whole day long, every day of the week: I do not want some kind of squiggly, M.C. Escher nightmare with loops and shit on my face. I want something that kind of 'affiliates' with my face and looks as if belongs there, not as if some mad scientist developed it under the name of Spectromaster 3000 ultravision.
    StrubbleS wrote: »
    Might tho anytime soon, since the insurance pays for it.

lucky bar steward
    So not to start a whole new thread... let me just ask. I got some glasses, very very light... to wear for class. 2.5 hours. By the end of class my nose gets tired. Not sore from them or anything... like my nose thingks it actually requires work to hold them up and it gets tired of it. Anybody else?

And I look damn smart in them.

Me regular:
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v147/aname/pretty.jpg

Me with glasses:
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v147/aname/HPIM0095.jpg

Totally works :yes: