Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Oscars

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
I think the awards last night was spot on. Daniel Day Lewis and Javier Bardem were the right choices i feel for the Male awards. Both put in great performances! Any thoughts?
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Yeah I'm hungry.
    1983 wrote: »
    Yeah I'm hungry.

Oi .. bint .. pipe down ;)
    Johnny Depp & Sweeney Todd shoulda won *grumbles about him and Tim Burton always being snobbed for the oscars*
    To be fair, the Coen Brothers were definitely ahead of him in the queue for best director. But all the best directors never win an Oscar. Think of it as a sign that he's great.
    the problem is, Sweeney Todd wasnt actually that good and a lot of people didnt like it.

The fact that Burton hasnt won a oscar inho because he's pretty stale and poor and all his films have a similar feel and look, which i find boring.
    :O

All his films have a similar look cos that's his style, dude!!! Burton rocks my socks. Probably too "weird" to ever win tbh.

And Sweeney Todd was awesome. The people I've found who didn't like it where people who didn't know it was a musical/gorey
    but all of them are awesome, I like most of them