Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Earthquake!

2»

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    It was felt in north Tyneside but not here.
    Live in cheltenham and felt it here, heard a bang and the whole house started shaking, thought the house was about to collapse :(
    I didn't feel a thing, I was still awake watching a DVD.

Apparently the epicenter was in Grimsby, news reports are suggesting around £15 worth of damage* :D

*courtesy of David Brent
    My boyfriend felt it and woke up, I of course slept through it (as usual!) and didn't know a thing about it until this morning.
    I can't remember the last big thing like this that I HAVEN'T slept through - I've slept through earthquakes, tornados, you name it, I've slept through it :(
    When are people finally going to take global warming seriously? See what we're doing to our planet??
    When are people finally going to take global warming seriously? See what we're doing to our planet??

haha
    It's nothing to do with global warming! earthquakes like this happen here every 10-20 years or so.
    It's nothing to do with global warming! earthquakes like this happen here every 10-20 years or so.

Nothing gets past you eh? ;)

Just ripping the pissing out of the over-sensitive environmentalists who blame anything on global warming :wave:
    ah well your post just looked misinformed, sorry.
  • Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    I don't blame it on global warming, but the fact that there have been so many in a short while lately, and then one over there (which is very rare) is a bit strange.
    about 5 years ago there was a little spate of tremors which i remember, was quite fun, but they happened every few days or so.

dont start about global warming, i blame global warming for me not enjoying my job, being skint, hangovers, losing things. its all the environments fault.
    Nooog Msned me about it last night, but then he went offline. Must have shook his cable out :p
    Nooog Msned me about it last night, but then he went offline. Must have shook his cable out :p

Perhaps he just blocked you. You blame the earthquake though ;)
    Calvin wrote: »
    Perhaps he just blocked you. You blame the earthquake though ;)

:p
    Slept right through it :(
    It was awful although I'm glad to hear it was an actual Earthquake as I thought it might be in my head (as I often 'feels' things that aren't there or aren't occuring presently). I was so scared, it gave me a panic attack and then I couldn't tell if my bed was shaking because it already was or because I was shaking so much!! I tried to remind myself that it was just like going through turbulance on an aeroplane (sensation wise) but yeah it terrified me :(
    I blame the Muslims.
    I blame President Bush.
    stargalaxy wrote: »
    I blame President Bush.

You filthy Muslim extremist you!
    i ahd it here in london thought it was my bro running up an down the steps an then thought it was a big truck going down my street lol
    I would like to live in California if it wasn't for the earthquakes. They would probably scare the heck out of me!
    A bloke on Sky News said something like "I thought it was a freight train outside of my house" unless he has a railway line running through he garden that would be quite strange.
    In the paper it said that more than 17,000 people had called 118 118 to find out what was going on. WTF?! :eek2:
    I thought it was a ghost shaking my bed because earlier in the day me and my flatmate were talking about the house being haunted! I nearly wet myself, am so glad it was an earthquake!
  • Teh_GerbilTeh_Gerbil Posts: 13,332 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    Fail quake was fail. I didn't even feel it ffs.

If it hit at least 6, I might have cared. Being in a 6 was interesting, and slightly entertaining. Wierd shit mind. Wierd as fucks.
    LOL the scariest ones to be in would be the 7's and 8's on the richter. An 7.2 killed 140,000 in Kobe, Japan in 1995. Cos their buildings weren't EQ safe. And an 8.1+/- brought up half of Wellington (my home town) in 1855.
  • Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    aleox wrote: »
    I thought it was a ghost shaking my bed because earlier in the day me and my flatmate were talking about the house being haunted! I nearly wet myself, am so glad it was an earthquake!
    Maybe it was a ghost, and just didn't know how strong it was. :p
  • SkiveSkive Posts: 15,282 Skive's The Limit
    Aparently people on the Isle of Shite felt it. :confused:

I was awake and I felt fuck all.

I wonder how many people were shagging at the time and how many of them felt the earth move? :D
    Weekender Offender 
    Didnt feel anything and it we did have tremors where I was I would have slept through them anyway.
    It woke everyone in my house up, although I couldn't get to sleep beforehand. My Mum thought someone had crashed into the house, everything was shaking and the house was rocking afterwards. We live about 10 miles away from the epicenter so we felt it pretty bad.