Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Requesting arse kicking please

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited March 27 in Work & Study
Because I've picked what company I want to do a case study on but still haven't got round to any substantial research, just basically planned who and what angle I'm going to take.

Essay is due in 13 days :nervous: only 2000 words. But the reading is normally much worse than the writing, at least for me...
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Haha, you won't get anything from me until you've got 2000 words to write the night before it's due. 13 days? What's the matter with you? :p
    You still have a bit of time left for the essay but I think if you do the research you will feel less worried. :)
    I'll kick your arse if you kick mine?

I've got to read the whole of Jane Eyre before I even THINK about researching for my essay that's due in...er...18 days.

Hurray.
    Honestly i hve no idea what your complainign about - i used to be able to research and write an essay in 24 hours and still get decent marks (2:1). And i've got an 8 page funding application which is 5000 words due in later today....
    Wyetry wrote: »
    Honestly i hve no idea what your complainign about - i used to be able to research and write an essay in 24 hours and still get decent marks (2:1). And i've got an 8 page funding application which is 5000 words due in later today....

Well I think that's good for you, but I always get nervous and don't know what to write so really do like to get the books out of the library beforehand. I think if you leave it to the last minute ultimately you're betraying yourself of the grade you could potentially get! I've budgeted 5 days for the whole thing, a few hours a night, so I've got plenty of time left - just wanted to finish in time as I have an essay over easter (which is directly after this essay) and I won't be able to do any research / get any books when I go home which has no University Library :(.

Maybe universities should have a library sharing scheme, so I could use Leicester Uni's library.
    ShyBoy wrote: »
    Maybe universities should have a library sharing scheme, so I could use Leicester Uni's library.

You should ask your Uni about that, mine did. We just needed to get a special card and we could use another Unis library facilities. Don't know the actual conditions of it all as I never used it but if you have another Uni close to home, then it's worth asking. :)
    Ugh. I've got 8 days, which is still plenty of time and progress is coming along with research.

But I really think I've picked a shit company. Honda is perfect. They're pretty much internationally acclaimed for doing everything right. At least from what I've read. I can't critique them for that.

Close to scrapping everything and starting to look for a different company. Probably a stupid idea... *sigh*
    ShyBoy wrote: »
    ...arse kick please

*Kicks Arse*
  • BunnieBunnie Posts: 6,099 Master Poster
    what company have you chosen?

Just print loads of crap off on said company, grab a highlighter and a pencil and do a few hours reading through it all.

Then tomorrow go to the library and use the 'reference only' books and get a few photocopies done and take that home to read and highlight.

when you feel you know a relative amount start making notes then do a skeleton essay - as in what will go where.

You will have it done in 4 days I promise if you get a wiggle on!

I shall however, kick your arse!!
    I e-mailed the module lecturer saying I was really stressed about whether I'd picked a crap example, but he was really nice and said to stick at it, and gave me some directions to go in. Feel bit better about it now. 8 books to read through, 12 websites, 1 journal article... should be a fun week :yeees:

But seriously, did you know there's a really old book called The Honda Book of Management?! Lol. Everyone in the company whether CEO or cleaner wears exactly the same uniform and is on first name terms :), anywhere in the world. They're such an oddity, basically going against my whole module about 'adapting' to the local culture - Honda adapt the local culture to them by introducing their working practices :p which actually seem to kick ass according to everyone in the world ever.
    *Also needs a kick up the arse* I ahven't even started theforms for college that I have to do a presentation on in 13 days.
    I also need a very big kick up the arse! I have 2 essays of 2000 words each to be in at 4pm today. I also have a document for the Welsh Assemebly Government that also needs to be in today for proof reading! I'm about 4 chapter too short for that. However I have nearly finished the one essay although no I fear I have done it wrong!