Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Stomach Problems

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
:crying: I'm not sure what to do about this, but I will try and explain best I can :)

For the past week or so I have been feeling quite nauseus (and I'm not preggers :no: ). It comes and goes through out the day. It can get really bad to the point where I really need to be sick but I can't unless I make myself be sick. Sometimes I just have to lie/sit down to get rid of the nausea feeling it's that bad.
Now to add to the nausea I can't stop going the loo, and not for a wee :blush: . Although with my bladder I do, in all seriousness, go literally every 5 minutes :rolleyes: .
Anyway I don't know whats caused it but I've been feeling horrible and bloated, keep getting wind and needing the toilet like really suddenly and urgently. I can eat something and it just comes straight out the other end. It can't be what I'm eating as I don't eat alot anyway. I don't eat dairy, meat and try and have as less wheat as I can.
On Monday night after a massive binge (:crying: ) I did take one too many laxatives. Now you would have thought that would have cleared everything out but no. Although the laxatives haven't made it worse, it's still the same.
I don't know what to do. Today I was in so much pain and discomfort I had to leave placement early and come home. I'm scared to eat even the tiniest thing incase it sets everything off

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    You say you're not eating much, but I'd still wonder if what you're eating might be partly the problem, especially if you are also using laxatives.

Your body functions best on the basic staple foods, a healthy mix of fruit, veg, carbohydrate and protein, and your stomach and your digestive system is a particular fan of fruit and veg and fibre in a big way.

How much fibre are you eating? Fibre is in things like whole wheat, cereals and fruit and veg.
    No the laxative thing was a one off and it wasn't a massive dose!

I do eat alot of fibre, mainly in my breakfast with things like bran porridge oats, grape nuts cereal and this oat bran stuff. I do eat fruit and veg as that is pretty much all I eat so I'm okay on the fibre front. I try to eat alot of fruit but sometimes I can't afford it.
  • BunnieBunnie Posts: 6,099 Master Poster
    could it perhaps just be a tummy bug?
    have you ever abused laxatives?
    Have you been eating?

If you have diarrhoea for longer than 2 days you should go to the docs as you could be at risk of dehydration.
    Maybe you've got food poisoning. Sometimes that can last for ages. I think the best thing to do would be to go to the doctors because as Sikorah said you are at risk of dehydration and also if your not eating properly thats not good either. Sorry you feel so ill, hope you get better soon.
    Thanks for the advice everyone.

I've not abused lax, it really was just a one off and I only took 4 instead of one. But my stomach was funny before taking them.
    I was wondering if it was a stomach bug, but I've not actually been sick..it's just the other end it's all coming from. I started back on placement at the hospital last week so I may have picked something up there as it seemed to start the day or so after :chin:

I'm going to try and get into the doctors tomorrow, especially if it is still as bad as it's been yesterday and today :crying:
    I had a werid kind of non stomach bug - eky sickness but not being sick thing a couple of weeks ago - it lasted about a week and then got better. It was all very weired - so maybe you have that....
    Might it be IBS? Esp if you have been v stressed lately?
    Im just coming out of something v similar which the doctor says was a viral infection. almost constant nausea, headache and fatigue really bad, plus the other end. have had to rest up, maybe thats what you need to do to? hope you feel better soon.x
    Wyetry wrote: »
    I had a werid kind of non stomach bug - eky sickness but not being sick thing a couple of weeks ago - it lasted about a week and then got better. It was all very weired - so maybe you have that....

Ohh maybe. I have been feeling alright today, I can actually eat things without them coming straight out the other end :yuck:. How random just to have this :chin: But anyway fingers crossed I'm good tomorrow and don't have to go the Dr's! I've got a night planned in Wakefield this weekend and really don't want to have to worry about the world coming out my arse :no:

Lankygirl-I do have IBS and it's not that as this feels different to IBS flare ups. I've got the IBS thing under control with just my diet, hence why I don't eat meat, dairy and hardley much wheat products.