Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Interview today please help!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I have an interview for a job I really want this afternoon.
Am very very nervous-feels like my stomach and oesophogus have been filled with molten cement.:nervous:
the job is for a national org who helps people back to work and supports them in the workplace.
couple of questions-
I am dressed smartly (nice trousers, boots, shirt and jumper) but I have my eyebrow and lip (and tongue) pierced, should I take them out?

question 2-I suffer with bouts of clinical depression and have about 2 wks off at a time to recover (once a year roughly)-should I tell them? should I tell that Ive been diagnosed with Emotionally unstable personality disorder-I dont think I should that bit, but the depression? there is not a q on the application form though.

question 3-how the hell do I get a grip on my nerves, I have got to do a group excercise as well as an individual interview. I am literally shaking, please help me!!

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Well, when i went for my job interview, I wore a suit, and took ALL my peircings out, and subsicently left them out anyway. but definately remove them imo.

Also.. imo sometimes a nice suit jacket is better than a jumper but i mean it depends on the kind of interview.

good luck, need advice or wanna chat bout it, pm me :)