Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

dumb and at uni

2»

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Essays are shit, I always have trouble getting to the required word amount so you're not the only one. Other than that, uni is piss easy, compared to A-level anyway.
    JsT wrote: »
    I propose a reward scheme featuring Fish and Chips with Beer in Hull naturally.

Sounds good. I'll send you my address so we can reward rach together by you sending my fish and chips and beer :)

I know essays are complete shit sometimes but just bang it out and then you dont need to worry about it anymore. In my perspective the first year is mostly about practice anyway and getting used to how to write essays, and so on and so forth. Good luck!
    Hahahahaha! Well I'm upto 1000 words only 500 more. But everything I'm typing doesn't feel substandial. I can't remember words or how to phrase anything. Looks like a stoner has written it. :impissed: Everything is so hard lately. Mega peed with disability dept especially cuz they have some advisor who has turned up half an hour late both times she has had to see me. Then tries patronising me with 'I think dyslexic people are the smartest people everrrrrr!!!' Not amused at alllll.

Type it up... Then read it over once... Twice....

Then imagine yourself as a posh radio 4 presenter, that they're doing a documentary on your essay topic. Use a thesaurus to sound brainy.

Get people to read over it too.

I have dyspraxia, so it affects my concentration and work a lot... But writing good is just a matter of practice and extending your vocabulary. Just working out the forumula
    thanks for the replies

i'm dyspraxic as well as dyslexic apparently. i managed to do my essay but not really happy with it ahh too late now. i'm supposed to be getting one to ones with the disability dept at uni which sounds a bit lame but i think it'd help with essays. i have a lot of trouble getting my thoughts coherently on the paper.