Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

how can i get him down the doctors?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
My boyfriend really isn't well. He's peeing blood for one thing, he keeps getting pains down one side, and he seems to be having daily fits (a mix of what seems like grand mals for about 1 or 2 mins, to my simple parcials). but he will not go to the doctors. He really doesn't trust or like his doctor and he won't seem to change doctors.

I'm getting really worried about him but nothing i say seems to change his mind.

help!

Comments

• Options
    go to A&E?
  • Options
    he won't he was nearly colapsing today, and he's gone to bed and he still won't go....

i'm really not sure what to do. i think i can now only get his mum involved cos he's not going to go against her opinion
  • Options
    You could tell him that pissing blood is pretty serious.
  • Options
    ring an ablulance next time he has a fit and why would his mum not want him to get medical attention? Sounds backwards.
  • Options
    he's had them for a while and she jsut seems to think its one of those things, which is suprising considering she's epileptic. she doesn't know about how often they happen or how severe and she also doesn't know about the blood.

aparently he's feeling better now he's had a sleep, but i'm still worried
  • Options
    this is very odd, you need to do the sensible thing and if you are worried about him ring an ambulance, pissing blood is not good, and if he aint receiving treatment i'd be very worried
  • Options
    Ring an ambulance. Pissing blood is definitely something to get checked out.
  • Options
    There is nothing you can do unless you physically drag him there. He can refuse to go in the ambulance to hospital if you phone one. By the sounds of it he probably will. You can always phone a Dr to see if they will visit him out of surgery? He can refuse treatment then too, but it mightbe worth a try.
  • Options
    i might get him to come down to the walk in centre with me, cos then if a neutral health person says that he needs to go to hospital or see the doctor then he might take their advice...
  • Options
    i might get him to come down to the walk in centre with me, cos then if a neutral health person says that he needs to go to hospital or see the doctor then he might take their advice...

I think thats a good idea. I think phoning an ambulance might scare him, he might already be worried but is just basically burying his head in the sand and hoping it will go away.
  • Options
    Ii would lie, tell him that you think his mental reasoning has been damaged by his fits, and that you're going to call and tell a doctor that with a request that they come and see him at home if he doesn't walk to heel to the docs in the morning. But, that's just me, and I'm single so... caution is advised when reading my advice.
  • Options
    If he doesn't like his doctor, then he can request to see another one. I've been registered at the same doctorts surgery for about 12.5 years and have only seen the GP I'm registered with once.
  • Options
    Why don't you give one of the nurses on NHS direct a ring?

I'm pretty sure pissing blood is very serious though and in some cases can be life threatening. Not to scare you or him like :) but can be used as a kick up the backside that it's not something to take lightly.
  • Options
    i'd be tempted to take him to a&e with symptoms like that
  • Options
    Pissing blood is normally a sign of a serious problem with the kidneys, according to a medical book we've got in this house.
  • Options
    All of those symptoms you are describing can be caused by Kidney problems... which is something you need to get checked out right away. If you ring NHS direct they will tell you to go to A+E.

I'm only a student nurse but these problems sound serious. Kidney failure can appear quickly and the more swiftly you do something about it the more likely he will recover quicker.
  • Options
    The doctor on The Wright Stuff told a caller to get to his GP asap, as he was peeing blood. The Doc mentioned the prostate, so it's pretty serious.
  • Options
  • Options
    bluff and tell him you'll leave him if he doesnt go.