Home Health & Wellbeing

What to put in pitta breads?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
Right, so. I have 4 (yummy yummy wholemeal) pitta breads left. I was gonna use them for chicken mayo with Rich at the weekend but our weekend didn't really go as planned. I had 2 with chicken mayo today but I don't want all of them with that :/.

What else can I put in for tomorrow? I have in my cupboards:

Lettuce
Peppers (1 green, 1 yellow)
Ham
Eggs
1 jar of mayonnaise
Some lamb mince.

I was thinking ham/lettuce/pepper for one (I stupidly used ALL my cheese yesterday which is annoying :() but I also want to get rid of the mayo, so would egg mayonnaise work?

I'm rubbish with these things :p.

Comments

  • JsTJsT TheSite Graduate Posts: 18,267 Skive's The Limit
    I was gonna suggest chicken mayo too. You could do a hot mince and pepper one but you might need a sauce to go with the mince, you could also chuck some lettuce in too.
  • BunnieBunnie TheSite's sweetie pie Posts: 6,099
    egg mayo would work, but just dont put too much, but ham salad would be nicer

    I love houmous with pittas...mmmmmm!
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    JsT wrote: »
    I was gonna suggest chicken mayo too. You could do a hot mince and pepper one but you might need a sauce to go with the mince, you could also chuck some lettuce in too.
    Ooooh that sounds good! I have some oxo and gravy powder for the mince that could work.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Bunnie wrote: »
    egg mayo would work, but just dont put too much, but ham salad would be nicer

    I love houmous with pittas...mmmmmm!
    I do too :(. But I am -£107.50 on an account that has an overdraft limit of £100 so I can't buy some :(.
  • JsTJsT TheSite Graduate Posts: 18,267 Skive's The Limit
    Franki wrote: »
    Ooooh that sounds good! I have some oxo and gravy powder for the mince that could work.
    I think OXO would do, not as good as something a little spicy but if finances restrict :p
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    JsT wrote: »
    I think OXO would do, not as good as something a little spicy but if finances restrict :p
    I'm not big on spicy anyway :p.
  • BunnieBunnie TheSite's sweetie pie Posts: 6,099
    Franki wrote: »
    I do too :(. But I am -£107.50 on an account that has an overdraft limit of £100 so I can't buy some :(.

    I have some left in the fridge but we have no pittas left. I shall send it down to you! :)
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Bunnie wrote: »
    I have some left in the fridge but we have no pittas left. I shall send it down to you! :)
    Ooooh :D. That'd be...messy :p.
  • BunnieBunnie TheSite's sweetie pie Posts: 6,099
    Franki wrote: »
    Ooooh :D. That'd be...messy :p.

    you could have maybe told me that before I tried putting it in an envelope!
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Bunnie wrote: »
    you could have maybe told me that before I tried putting it in an envelope!
    Hahaha :D.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    How do you do tikka?

    I might try it next time I buy food....whenever that is :|.

    God I need this bloody bursary to show up soon >.<
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    That's lazy :p. I will try and make some tikka sauce :chin:.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    this is my easy peasy lazy thing i do

    cheeeeeesy pockets:
    cut the pitta bread in half to make two pockets.
    insert bits of cheese
    put in toaster
    melted cheeeeeeeeeeese
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    this is my easy peasy lazy thing i do

    cheeeeeesy pockets:
    cut the pitta bread in half to make two pockets.
    insert bits of cheese
    put in toaster
    melted cheeeeeeeeeeese
    Oh that sounds like serious comfort food! Trying that one toooooo :D. With bits of ham in maybe too....mmmm.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    haha good idea!

    i may try it with mozerella and pesto...
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    this is my easy peasy lazy thing i do

    cheeeeeesy pockets:
    cut the pitta bread in half to make two pockets.
    insert bits of cheese
    put in toaster
    melted cheeeeeeeeeeese
    I think I'm going to have that this week :yum:
  • SkiveSkive No discipline. No morality. No respect. New ForestPosts: 15,269 Skive's The Limit
    Best thing to do with Pitta is warm it in the toaster, cut into strips and then dip it in taramasalata.

    Else chicken tikka is good.
    Stick a little onion, garlic, ginger, corrianda, tumeric, chili powder, a little garam masala, salt, oil and a good helping of lime into a blender. Blend and then add to yoghurt. Stick in the chicken and then leave for a good few hours before sticking ot on scewers and doing in the oven.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    peanut butter!
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    peanut butter!
    I don't have any :(.

    I thought I did but I must've eaten it without realising :/
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Skive wrote: »
    Best thing to do with Pitta is warm it in the toaster, cut into strips and then dip it in taramasalata.
    I love doing that :yum:
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I bloody hate pittas! We just don't seem to get on. I go to stuff them and they just fall to pieces around me. TOTAL disaster usually!
  • SkiveSkive No discipline. No morality. No respect. New ForestPosts: 15,269 Skive's The Limit
    Curvy_lass wrote: »
    I bloody hate pittas! We just don't seem to get on. I go to stuff them and they just fall to pieces around me. TOTAL disaster usually!

    You have to get good Pitta and it helps to warm it first, else as you discovered it will break up.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    ham and egg mayo works well
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Skive wrote: »
    You have to get good Pitta and it helps to warm it first, else as you discovered it will break up.
    Oooh thanks :)
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    i like tuna in pittas.

    the cheese sounds good. with onion. or tomato. or baked beans!
Sign In or Register to comment.