Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Firefox 3

JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/technology/7264622.stm

Anyone got hold of the beta versions? The search bar was damn annoying in beta2 but beta3 which I'm on now is superb.

Anyone else?

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    been running beta3 for a few months now, it's decent enough yeah :) Only problem i've found is quicktime embedded video doesn't seem to work properly always
  • Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    I have beta3, but I only use it as a secondary browser (for when I want to look at forums without being logged in, for example). So far I've not had any problems with it, and the good things about it are cool.
    I might have been using it as my primary browser, if the extensions I use were all available for it.
    When the beta for firefox 2.0 was out it was really buggy, so assumed this one would be the same. May give it a whirl though.

It always seems to go a bit funny on my PC though, well the shortcuts for firefox 2.0 instead point to the beta, it 'takes over'. Which is a bit of a shame.
    JsT wrote: »
    Anyone got hold of the beta versions? The search bar was damn annoying in beta2 but beta3 which I'm on now is superb.

That's what the Google toolbar was for D: