Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Roof-top demo at Parliament

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/7266512.stm

Well I can't see anything wrong with this; its no more ridiculous than the broken promises and sham consultation conducted by BAA (...again).

The government's pro-green rhetoric has yet to materialise into fancilful ideas like lowering the cost of public transport (NB: I don't really know enough about infrastructure to comment on service improvement - but certainly it seems there is little political will to lower the cost of existing services).

At least we can see a green/community focused circus on top of the house rather than within it.

Comments

• Options
    Why do all girls that work for these eco charities have the same hat?
  • Options
    Our security is so piss poor it beggars belief.

Just a few days ago they managed to get airside at Heathrow and climb on a plane :D

Fair do to them. There is absolutely no need or justification for a third runway at Heathrow.

And anyway, could someone explain to me how the flying fuck a 3-mile strip of tarmac can cost 12 *billion* quid?

For just a little more you could actually build a high speed line between London and Scotland. I know which one is more needed...
  • Options
    Aladdin wrote: »
    For just a little more you could actually build a high speed line between London and Scotland. I know which one is more needed...

So long as it's one way and we can send all the jocks in the cabinet back... ;)

As for the protest, before we start of ID cards, DNA databases, biometrics, CCTV in every street... how about we secure the seat of Govt???
  • Options
    Our security is so piss poor it beggars belief.

That was the first thing that came to mind ...not, what are they doing up there?
  • Options
    You can just hear Mohammed al-Kaboom sitting in his front room rubbing his hooks together;

"The soldiers of the downtrodden light of Islam will not be defeated for want of a ladder!"

:D
  • Options
    You can just hear Mohammed al-Kaboom sitting in his front room rubbing his hooks together;

"The soldiers of the downtrodden light of Islam will not be defeated for want of a ladder!"

:D
    My first laugh of the day ...conjoured up a real funny picture in my minds eye that did.
  • Options
    Nice to see that our security services are as useless as ever. Will someone please remind them that they're paid millions of pounds a year from taxpayers to prevent these things from happening, not to drink coffee and eat doughnuts all day?
    And anyway, could someone explain to me how the flying fuck a 3-mile strip of tarmac can cost 12 *billion* quid?
    £12billion?! How the fuck can it cost £12billion to make a fucking runway? Are they putting large nuggets of gold into the tarmac? Are they going to make markings for the runway using rows of diamonds? :eek2:
  • Options
    stargalaxy wrote: »
    Nice to see that our security services are as useless as ever. Will someone please remind them that they're paid millions of pounds a year from taxpayers to prevent these things from happening, not to drink coffee and eat doughnuts all day? £12billion?! How the fuck can it cost £12billion to make a fucking runway? Are they putting large nuggets of gold into the tarmac? Are they going to make markings for the runway using rows of diamonds? :eek2:
    The local gypos could have done it for around a hundred quid a mile i reckon.
  • Options
    stargalaxy wrote: »
    £12billion?! How the fuck can it cost £12billion to make a fucking runway? Are they putting large nuggets of gold into the tarmac? Are they going to make markings for the runway using rows of diamonds? :eek2:

Presumably it has a terminal as well. It still doesn't add up though. Maybe extra transport links and all that bollocks.
  • Options
    The local gypos could have done it for around a hundred quid a mile i reckon.

:lol: And go walkabout leaving it half-finished...
  • Options
    Presumably it has a terminal as well. It still doesn't add up though. Maybe extra transport links and all that bollocks.
    What, setting up a couple of extra bus and train services costs £12billion? Public sector efficiency, New Labour style. :p
  • Options
    Buying land (and paying a fair price) costs a lot of money.