Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Things getting worse in America...

2»

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Everything has changed!
    This is the first time America is going into recession with serious industrial competion ...massive industrial competition ...this was not the case in any other time.
    This is the first time since American economic dominance that they have been in this position.
    First time they can be outbidded for food oil metals etc etc etc.
    When your struggling ...the last thing you need is this kind of scenario ...wait till the summer and then take a look at who's calling the shots.
    By the end of this year ...i predict serious domestic unrest/chaos in the U.S.A.
    To say nothing has fundamentally changed is a huge mistake ...even the peoples attitudes and expectations are entirely different.

Er, well it's the first time they've had serious competition if a) you ignore Europe/Japan/Australia etc b) you think China is serious competition

As I said they'll be a recession, but at the end of it we'll be in the same position we are now. There won't be massive riots, or the collapse of the monteray system, the US won't descend into bloody chaos, and we won't be having to shoot looters in the street. That's my predicition and we'll see who's right.
    lol flash i'm not saying it's TEOTWAWKI or widespread anarchy it just won't be pretty, we already have riots and looting today who knows how this will turn out.
    Er, well it's the first time they've had serious competition if a) you ignore Europe/Japan/Australia etc b) you think China is serious competition

All the above mentioned places always ...ALWAYS ...go into recession with America. They will this time as well.
    The difference being ...there are new kids on the block where there never were before.
    What is the basis for your faith that although everything is different it will all turn out as it did before or do you realy believe that the world and its problems are the same as they were in the recent past?
    Wouyld you seriously invest money in the U.S economy right now ...where more experienced people won't at the moment?
    All the above mentioned places always ...ALWAYS ...go into recession with America. They will this time as well.
    The difference being ...there are new kids on the block where there never were before.
    What is the basis for your faith that although everything is different it will all turn out as it did before or do you realy believe that the world and its problems are the same as they were in the recent past?
    Wouyld you seriously invest money in the U.S economy right now ...where more experienced people won't at the moment?

No I wouldn't invest money in it, but saying we're heading for a recession isn't the same as suggesting there is going to be blood on the streets.

The new kids on the block are as interdependent as the rest of us.

There's not a wicked Fu Manchu like character sitting in China and cackling with wicked glee as the US economy explodes and he can set in place his plan for world domination.

What there is are some Chinese business men scratching their heads and wondering who'll buy their products during the depression and how many people they'll need to lay off to remain profitable
    No I wouldn't invest money in it, but saying we're heading for a recession isn't the same as suggesting there is going to be blood on the streets.

The new kids on the block are as interdependent as the rest of us.

There's not a wicked Fu Manchu like character sitting in China and cackling with wicked glee as the US economy explodes and he can set in place his plan for world domination.

What there is are some Chinese business men scratching their heads and wondering who'll buy their products during the depression and how many people they'll need to lay off to remain profitable
    Why do you keep going on about China?
    Why do you keep goping on about China?

Shorthand
    Shorthand
    OK.
    I think we'll have to differ for now Flash ...lets wait and see and hopefully ...your right.
    I posted about the end of the worldwide fiat financial system on another thread.

It's here, it's real.

It's either total collapse of the banking system or hyperinflation. As this collapses, the various nation states will vanish into history, with a huge amount of kerfuffle all around. Nation states can only exist as they are because they can force their populations to pay via inflation and deficit spending. That is ending right now as you read this and it's not coming back. All the infrastructure and employments that depnds on this will cease.

The numbers are astonishing - hundreds of trillions of dollars, pounds, euros and yen.

As the US dollar is the world's reserve currency, this means this will happen everywhere on earth, apart from those countries that are already basket cases anyway or dictatorships like China.

The traditional way out of this has been for the elite bankers to start a war with someone..this time the nukes say no, because they would die as well, so instead of dishing out destruction overseas, it's coming home.

All things must end, and this is the end of a financial system and everything that depends upon it and it alone will cease.
    Ahh, it's good to have you home Roll :thumb:
    Jim V wrote: »
    Ahh, it's good to have you home Roll :thumb:
    i'll take that as a compliment then?
    i went out into the real world and decided it was safer back here!
    Another 30,000 posts of tripe on the way Jim.
    Can't wait :)
    This guy puts it better than me ...

http://www.counterpunch.org/sale02222005.html

... and that's really the point. The US had huge purchasing power, the biggest consumers, and so when they "head south" in a big way then the whole world will - for a short time.

No-one is "fucked"
    ... and that's really the point. The US had huge purchasing power, the biggest consumers, and so when they "head south" in a big way then the whole world will - for a short time.

No-one is "fucked"
    only the yanks wont be able to put humpty together again.
    This guy puts it better than me ...

http://www.counterpunch.org/sale02222005.html

I don't want to be cynical, but that's someone wishlist masquerading as analysis.
    only the yanks wont be able to put humpty together again.

Of course not, hell it's not like they did before is it?

Oh... er... hang on...
    Of course not, hell it's not like they did before is it?

Oh... er... hang on...
    They may still have the tools to do so but they no longer have the materials.
    Of course they do.

Wishful thinking is not fact Mr Roll, you know better than that.
    http://www.spiegel.de/international/business/0,1518,536635,00.html

Worldwide banking failures.
    German State-Owned Banks on Verge of Collapse

By Wolfgang Reuter

The German government has had to bail out state-owned banks with taxpayers' money after their managements recklessly gambled away billions on subprime investments. But if a state-owned bank were to go under, the consequences could be disastrous for the whole economy.

Soon, Joe Public will go to the hole in the wall to get his months wages out to go shopping and the computer will say "no".
    Of course they do.

Wishful thinking is not fact Mr Roll, you know better than that.
    come on mok ...wishful thinking surely is hoping thatr it will just be the usual recession ...despite the fact ALL the conditions are different.
    same as it ever was is wishful thinking.
    Nah, wishful thinking, for some, is that the "mighty USA" will get it's comeuppance and fall flat on it's face. It won't, not yet and not from this.

It will just be another recession, possibly (at worst) a depression. These things happen and we get through them.
    The people are so unprepared ...
    No one is ever properly prepared for a recession/depression Mr Roll...

That's is partly why they happen.
    I see the dollars sliding against the strong euro this evening ...interst cuts on the horrizon again in a desperate bid to ...blah blah blah ...
    I see the dollars sliding against the strong euro this evening ...interst cuts on the horrizon again in a desperate bid to ...blah blah blah ...

Yes, this is to save the banking system at the expense of everyone else.

It will lead to hyperinflation.

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=20601087&sid=akLj06eaEzHg&refer=worldwide
    The U.S. is eventually going to fall. All great empires do and the handwriting is already on the wall for how it will happen to us. It has been happening for a while now too. I don't know if it will be during my lifetime, but this country is going to completely fall apart because of the mistakes we've been making for the past 30 years or so and no one, including this current group of presidential candidates, can really do anything to stop it.
    The U.S. is eventually going to fall. All great empires do and the handwriting is already on the wall for how it will happen to us. It has been happening for a while now too. I don't know if it will be during my lifetime, but this country is going to completely fall apart because of the mistakes we've been making for the past 30 years or so and no one, including this current group of presidential candidates, can really do anything to stop it.

What they will do is invade South America and possibly ...Canada ...yers it sounds ridiculous at the moment but ...