Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

change in views

2»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I think it was Muhammad Ali (the boxer) who said that a man who thinks the same at 60 as he did when he was 30 has lived 30 years and wasted 30 years.

I don't quite agree with that entirely, but I thought it was a nice quote to bring into this discussion.
  • Options
    Lot of people going from right wing to left wing. This board must be getting to you. :p
  • Options
    I was going to say something then but ...i changed my mind.
  • Options
    Lot of people going from right wing to left wing. This board must be getting to you. :p
    Yet when I say this board is filled with left-wingers, I get slated. How odd. :p
  • Options
    Usually is the other way around... many people who were quite open minded and left wing in their youth become increasingly right wing as they grow older and older.

I suspect in most of those cases it amounts to short memories and a degree of envy and bitterness they don't get to do the things they used to do any more. And of course that their personal financial circumstances would have changed a lot since their youth.
  • Options
    stargalaxy wrote: »
    Yet when I say this board is filled with left-wingers, I get slated. How odd. :p

i've shifted from left to centre left over the years but i do find it dissapointing that right wingers aren't realy allowed to state their case much ...they are usualy the first to get the boot.
    It robs us of a good argument.
    The worst political views are from the likes of blagsta ...cos they are so naive rather than dangerous.