Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Films About Making Films

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
I went to see be kind rewind on saturday which was really good and very sweet film - which for those of you who've managed to avoid the trailers is about how two friends decided to remake famous films when they accidentally wipe all the VHS tapes in the video shop they work in.

However there was also a trailer for son of Rambow in it which seems to be a similar premis about 2 (much younger) friends making a homage to Rambo!

Anyway i just wondered what your thoughts were on it as a random subject matter. I loved be kind rewind probably becuase it remided me of all the stupid films i used to make with my friends when i was younger.
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    8/12 is about making films (though they never actually make one), and that's the Third Best Film Ever (tm). And Inland Empire's a film about making films too.
    we've been watching fimls about films for uni, oh how I love uni these days, I get to watch movies and get a degree at the same time!
    katralla wrote: »
    we've been watching fimls about films for uni, oh how I love uni these days, I get to watch movies and get a degree at the same time!

I posted earlier about this on the Rambo thread. Great isn't it! I've taken to Film courses now, one at college and once in Uni and have to say its the most enjoyable subject ever.

Last year I watching Hamburger Hill and my girlfriend came in and said 'I thought you were studying today', I point to the note pad next to me and say 'I am' :lol:

Anyway Wyetry, there is a great film with Steve Buscemi playing a director which I would recommend if I could remember the title. Jim V or anybody help out here? Will keep checking imdb till I find it.
    I loved my film masters - I continually regret doing politics rather than film for my degree - although I'm sure I'd have fucked that up just as much :p

For a great film about the film making process I'd recommend Truffaut's Day for Night ( La Nuit américaine ) - why the fuck do his films get so little screen time these days?

As to the Buscemi film - hmm... must be something I haven't seen - I know he's in The Real Blonde, but not sure as what - ah got it! He played a film director twice - once in Alexandre Rockwell's In the Soup and in Living in Oblivion. I'm guessing it's more likely that BA was thinking of Oblivion...

For the craziest and most intense view of a film makers attempt to make a film I reckon you'd have to go for Hopper's The Last Movie - in my opinion a masterpiece in insanity.
    That's the one! http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0113677/

Jimipedia works again:thumb:
    lol