Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

dumb and at uni

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited March 27 in Work & Study
why am i here? :banghead:
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Because you know you can do it, and you know it's worth it in the end.

I guess asking how the essay's going is a silly question?
    Hahahahaha! Well I'm upto 1000 words only 500 more. But everything I'm typing doesn't feel substandial. I can't remember words or how to phrase anything. Looks like a stoner has written it. :impissed: Everything is so hard lately. Mega peed with disability dept especially cuz they have some advisor who has turned up half an hour late both times she has had to see me. Then tries patronising me with 'I think dyslexic people are the smartest people everrrrrr!!!' Not amused at alllll.
    500 words is nothing! You can do it :). If you want, I'll have a look at it when you're done? I'm sure you'll be fine though.
    Franki wrote: »
    500 words is nothing! You can do it :). If you want, I'll have a look at it when you're done? I'm sure you'll be fine though.

Thanks I might send it afterwards :) It is really embarassing at how awful it is. Ahh well
  • BunnieBunnie Posts: 6,099 Master Poster
    same here hun, if you want another second opinion.

My essays at uni were shite, and i only just scraped passes but I got a 2:1 in the end, so dont give up my dear!
    Hahahahaha! Well I'm upto 1000 words only 500 more. But everything I'm typing doesn't feel substandial. I can't remember words or how to phrase anything.
    Cast your mind back to the time you were doing your A-Levels. Now, I don't know exactly what subjects you did, but I'm pretty certain that you would have had to write some essays along the way. How many of those would you now consider "substantial"? How many of those can you remember doing? Probably very few, but did you have any trouble doing those? If not, treat this in exactly the same way.
    Thanks I might send it afterwards :) It is really embarassing at how awful it is. Ahh well
    I wouldn't worry, I've written some absolute SHOCKERS in my time. It's only one essay, and I'm sure you've done, and will do again, much better ones. Is this one worth anything? If not I wouldn't stress too hard :).
    why am i here? :banghead:

Because you want to get a good career and have as much right to go to uni as the next person. :)

I can sympathise with the essay length, some topics can be really hard to strech out. Just write as much as you can on paper then read it again to check if everythings OK.
    sg I didn't do a levels. Just a year doing my access course.

I know thanks everyone it's just so frustrating right now. I'm trying to get all my thoughts out but it's such a mish mash of poo

I know thanks everyone it's just so frustrating right now. I'm trying to get all my thoughts out but it's such a mish mash of poo
    You CAN do it. Be positive otherwise it WILL turn out badly. At least if you stay positive you know you've done your absolute best.
    i know i have to try think positive

our seminar leader is marking it nicely she said cuz it's our first essay involving critical theory plus it is first year so the marks wont go towards anything
  • JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    You can do it Rach, we all have faith :D
    i know i have to try think positive

our seminar leader is marking it nicely she said cuz it's our first essay involving critical theory plus it is first year so the marks wont go towards anything
    Well there you go :). Stressing about it will just make it worse. Good luck!
    thankyou you're a * x
    Okay, but how many of the things you wrote during your access course can now be considered masterpieces? That isn't a criticism - it's to get things into perspective. Ultimately, it's just an essay. Mind you, this is coming from the man who's so embarrassed about his old A-Level essays that he actually burnt them. :p
    I know thanks everyone it's just so frustrating right now. 'm trying to get all my thoughts out but it's such a mish mash of poo
    I don't know you especially well, but what I am aware of is that you are much stronger than you give yourself credit for.
    aw thankyou :)
    I propose a reward scheme featuring Fish and Chips with Beer in Hull naturally.
    that is a good incentive :D
    that is a good incentive :D
    Maybe quiz machines too. I'll make you another £1 :p
    JsT wrote: »
    I propose a reward scheme featuring Fish and Chips with Beer in Hull naturally.
    Can Franki come toooooooooo?
    Maybe quiz machines too. I'll make you another £1 :p

eheheheh show me da money!! of course frankiii :)
    Hurray :D.
    Try not to fret too much about essays now, you're not expected to get things right, you're still expected to be learning about what you're writing about.

Everyone has the same worries about university. Hell, I had a nervous breakdown in my final year which meant that I wrote about two words towards my dissertation. Ah well, still got a 2.1 for it :D
    Kermit wrote: »
    Try not to fret too much about essays now, you're not expected to get things right, you're still expected to be learning about what you're writing about.

Everyone has the same worries about university. Hell, I had a nervous breakdown in my final year which meant that I wrote about two words towards my dissertation. Ah well, still got a 2.1 for it :D

ahhh you give me hope!!

2400 words of less pooey-ness now.

trying to whittle it down and add more to bulk it up..it's still terrible but at least i have something to hand in i guess
    You aren't meant to be excellent already, you'll pick up skills and in time you'll be producing ace essays. Are you even assessed formerly this year?
    You aren't meant to be excellent already, you'll pick up skills and in time you'll be producing ace essays. Are you even assessed formerly this year?

no i just have to pass :)
    no i just have to pass :)
    Well even I managed that! ;)
    Well even I managed that! ;)

haha, jst i wuv you lots
    haha, jst i wuv you lots
    :D

You are cool too.
    just be thankful ur not as pooey at uni as me!!

ive got 2 deadlines due in in 2 weeks

one of which is my dissertation - which needs to be COMPLETELY done, and i wont be getting it back. and ive done less than half it it. shitting it.

yet am i doing it now? nope
    im sitting on the computer doing bugger all

always time for it tomorrow... well, friday and weekend most likely :D