Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Best exam board?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited March 27 in Work & Study
Right now AQA is the board of most of my subjects apart from, music RE
and maths, oh and ICT (I'm not to sure about Art).

Anyway before I moved to colchester and started my new school. The last school I used to be in had edexcel for most things. The structure and marking scheme was a lot less of a b**ch.

Whats worse is before I moved I did well in my year 10 science exams,
I got a C and D for biology and 2 Cs for physics (I never did my chemistry one under certain circumstances). But those grades never got passed on to my new school so I had to re-sit them under AQA, I came out with a B for biology and E for chemisty and physics!

Whats worse is I have 3 more resists to do. And AQA doesnt have end of unit tests which makes things a hell of a lot harder to get the final grades..

Thats the end of my rant, so question is...what is the best exam board?, I give AQA some credit for its strictness which can be a good thing.
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I did all my exams under AQA, with the exception of my English Language A-Level, which was from WJEC. I got my highest mark of the lot from the latter, so maybe AQA are strict.
    Mine were all CCEA except for Art, RE, and German, which were AQA...I can't really complain...I got A's in them all...I thought AQA was a lot less strict than the Northern Ireland board (CCEA).
    Apart from ICT (which I failed by one mark :() and Maths (which I got a C in; despite missing over half the start of Year 10) all mine were AQA.
    have to say i never really took much notice of what exam boards my exams were under...
    Kat_B wrote: »
    have to say i never really took much notice of what exam boards my exams were under...
    Me neither :o.

I had to take an educated guess on my recent UCAS application because I didn't have the certificates.
    Kat_B wrote: »

Same for me also until I moved, thats when I had to take notice, good idea I did aswell or most of the teachers would not be able to guide me. Such as if I was still with edexcel I'm sure there would have been more of a chance my grades from my old school would have been passed on.

I think it's important to know what your exam board is in my opinion =/