Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Pressed powder

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Can anyone recommend a good pressed powder? I use a loose powder but it just makes me look dry and pale.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Might just be my flawed application techniques, but I find pressed powder and loose powder look pretty much the same when they're on.

Have you tried going without powder completely? It can make your skin look a lot fresher :)
    GOSH is a gooden

stay well clear of collection 2000 (the one in the black n pink flowery compact)

it looks fine when you put it on, but after a couple of hours it goes all blotchy (in my experience!)

x
    If I go without powder my foundation doesn't stay on for very long :(
    I've found pressed powder to be heavier and not as natural looking as loose powder, so i prefer loose powder. Do you mind me asking how you apply it? I used to apply it with the spongey puff thing you get with it but found it went on too heavy. Maybe try applying it with a powder brush before you switch to pressed powder.
    I do apply with a powder brush and bang as much excess as I can off but it still looks dry and crap :(
    I use both loose and pressed powders by Chanel. They both look the same, I'm not sure they're supposed to look any different.
    Basically the only difference is that one's pressed so it can be used 'on the go' and the loose is your one application in the morning with top ups with the pressed.
    I really like loreal true match. It comes with a sponge and a mirror so is good to take around. According to the label on the back it's 'ultra fine powder'. It feels light on my skin anywho :) I just use it to set my foundation
    I really like loreal true match. It comes with a sponge and a mirror so is good to take around. According to the label on the back it's 'ultra fine powder'. It feels light on my skin anywho :) I just use it to set my foundation

:yes: I use this one.
  • BunnieBunnie Posts: 6,099 Master Poster
    i find loose can fall off whereas with pressed a press onto my face and it seems to stay,

i use boots 17 and it works fine for me