Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Pay pubs to let non-customers shit in their bogs

2»

Comments

• JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    Melian wrote: »
    Wasn't too happy that I had to pay 20p in Paddington station to o to the toilet.

But it pays for them to be cleaned and kept in good condition and to discourage chavs etc from going in and trashing them.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Melian wrote: »
    Exactly.

Wasn't too happy that I had to pay 20p in Paddington station to o to the toilet.

To be fair, the time i paid 20p in kings cross, was money well spent

as dr pirate will agree, one london meet, the wetherspoons must have served up some dodgy burgers, and the consequences were dire

lets just say what i left/deposited during that sit down, was definately worth the 20p i paid
    Paying for a pee and they don't even provide you with toilet seat covers, I'd complain ;)
    JsT wrote: »
    But it pays for them to be cleaned and kept in good condition and to discourage chavs etc from going in and trashing them.
    It's a good policy and seems to work extremely well. Whenever I go to the big city train stations, where they do charge you to use them, the bogs are always clean and being looked after. If you go to the toilets at one they don't charge for, (Chester comes to mind at this point for me) the toilets are absolutely filthy. In one case, I noticed that the urinal had actually smashed onto the floor. When I told staff about it, they were uninterested, to put it politely.
    i think this is a brilliant idea, especially as i have IBS and finding a toilet is often a nightmare!

who can complain if the establishments are getting paid for it as well?
    i think this is a brilliant idea, especially as i have IBS and finding a toilet is often a nightmare!

who can complain if the establishments are getting paid for it as well?
    Atable spoon full of runny honey will work wonders for you.