Home Home, Law & Money
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Contract with O2

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
This is mainly for Bri, I guess.

A pal of mine recently moved apartment and she has got zero network coverage on her O2 phone. She currently still has 5 or so months to run on her contract... What I'm trying to find out is due to her having no coverage (hence the phone being useless), is there a get out clause on her contract she can use? She has no choice but to change networks, but I think it's a bit unfair her having to buy herself out of her contract if she is unable to use her phone.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Unfortunately not.

Things like network coverage are covered under the 14 day money back guarantee - i.e you've got 14 days to cancel if you find the network coverage in your area is shite.

We can't cancel it if the customer changes address to somewhere that doesn't get a reception, it is something to bear in mind if you do take out a 12/18 month contract.

She'll be able to downgrade her tariff a bit though, seeing as she's not got too long left on her contract.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Cheers, chappy! I'll pass on the info.